What's for dinner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopheadNJ

Reaction score
Had some extra time after work today, being I got all my homebrew "sidework" done yesterday, I decided to do a little grocery shopping and make something tasty for dinner.

I started out roasting some garlic (some for tonight, some to freeze) for a spread for the pain ordinaire loaf I picked up. I made up a salad with romaine, radicchio, endive, carrots, cucumber (from my garden), tomatoes (last from the garden) w/ a basic lemon, roasted garlic, oil vinaigrette.

While the salad was in the fridge to chill, I prepared some wild rice & coated the flounder with an asiago panko breadcrumb mix and baked. Since, I'm in between batches of homebrew, we washed it all down with some Victory Prima Pils. Tasty! I enjoyed it, so I figured I would share....plus I'm always looking for good, easy dinner recipes!

So....what was on your plates?

Pork tenderloin with my magic spice rub, grilled over apple wood. Vermicelli with a simple white sauce with garlic and rosemary. Fresh broccoli steamed and then tossed with EVOO and fresh thyme. I love when the wife lets me cook.

Pork tenderloin with my magic spice rub, grilled over apple wood. Vermicelli with a simple white sauce with garlic and rosemary. Fresh broccoli steamed and then tossed with EVOO and fresh thyme. I love when the wife lets me cook.

No Palisade Brown to bring it all together?

Grilled Veal chops with Raspberry Red Wine Glace de Veau, Broccolini, and Mashed yam and potato. Salad was a simple field greens with blue cheese vinaigrette and lardon.

Served with Magic Dog #9. Dessert was stilton with fig spread and Essensia Orange Muscat.

Spiced and Smoked Tri-Tip with Frank's RedHot Beans and Potato Salad. Followed by a handful of Mother's Animal Cookies and Beer. :p

Having consulted my food-snob lexicon, it appears I had roasted (organic) pork medallions with a vermouth gorgonzola cream bordelaise, alongside a yellow zucchini coulis and braised red cabbage potee. :cross:

Though seriously, I had pork tenderloin with a vermouth sauce served with zucchini relish and braised red cabbage. Yum!

I had a dinner party tonight.

Amuse Bouche was home cold smoked salmon with dill creme fraiche, the meal was spring greens with candied pecans and gorgonzola, then pork tenderloin with raspberry chipotle sauce, then poached pears with marscapone.

One of the guests brought Lindemans Framboise Lambic. WOW! Otherwise it was all wine tonight, yea, I know, lame.

Back