Searching for apple receipes. HELP!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hagis30

Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to this forum and new to home brewing. I started with a small ready kit of beer that was given to me as a gift and now have progressed into a fully equipt wine brewer (equipt but a rookie), I am still new and I am looking for good apple wine, cider, or hard cider receipes due to the fact I have a large apple tree in my back yard. Can anyone help? If possible full receipes would be appreciated cause I am still a rookie.

Thanks
Hagis

Ok here Is what we did...
5 gal gravenstin organic apple juice
3 lb dark brown sugar
4 tsp sweet orange peel
4 tsp clove (whole)
5 cinnamon sticks
5 campden tablets (crushed)
2 tsp yeast nutrient
2 tsp high alcohol nutrient
2 pkg wyeast 4766 cider
o.g. 1.074
Ok on 8-17 we put 5 gal of juice into a carboy with the 5 crushed tablets and mixed it up real good.The juice must set for at least 24 hr after adding the tablets to get all of the gas out. Then on 8-19 we put 48 oz juice in a lg pot with the sugar and spices. When it started to boil we took it off the heat and let cool.
We put everything into the carboy and pitched the yeast, it was about 12:00 am (fell asleep). This all i have so far but when we rack it to the secondary were going to add some more cinnamon 1-2 sticks, all depends on the taste. Hope this helps. Also let me say Welcome to HBT.

Just wanted to say thanks for the web sight and thank you very much for the receipe, please keep me posted on the stages of you brew and let me know of any problems.

Thanks again
Hagis

hagis30 said:
Just wanted to say thanks for the web sight and thank you very much for the receipe, please keep me posted on the stages of you brew and let me know of any problems.

Thanks again
Hagis

So did you get started and how did it work ?

I'll be getting started this week. I'll let you know what happens.

Well I started my first batch of cider and I am excited for the results, but I'm not getting the volcano reaction when the yeast was added. I fear I let it cool to a low temperature. any suggestions?

Ok what was your OG and temp. (must & yeast) I pitch when the must is below 75 to 80 . Also what was your recipe? The one that I posted had to much clove in it, I'm thinking of mixing two batches to see if it helps out .

Looks like I asked to soon, we are bubbling nicely. I wasn't use to waiting that long for a reaction. Thanks once again for all your help.

Latest posts

Back