Fun quiz

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weird. I didn't get any Washington State history questions. I did get some 'wrong', but the questions were bogus. Like the one about Xs stamped on kegs. Bollocks! :D

Bob

66 (I can't see the chalk board from the back of the class). Lots of questions I did not know. - I have the process down alright but need to study the history

Some of their answers were wrong, too, for example, after malt germinates, it is kilned, not roasted. BTW I got a 75..........

66 (I can't see the chalk board from the back of the class). Lots of questions I did not know. - I have the process down alright but need to study the history

Yeah, yeah.....that is what it was..... And you kept talking to me.
I got 65. That'll teach you to cheat off my paper! ;)

Yeah, yeah.....that is what it was..... And you kept talking to me.
I got 65. That'll teach you to cheat off my paper! ;)

Alright...alright I CHEATED. I admit it. I'll see you in detention :drunk:

76 and tried to hit the back button on one I missed :(

They should do one with Sam Adams, this test is tilted to the Left Coast

One I didn't like, "Mashing is the process that converts starch to _________."
The correct answer is not on the list of available options.... Frikin' left coast trickery!!!

One I didn't like, "Mashing is the process that converts starch to _________."
The correct answer is not on the list of available options.... Frikin' left coast trickery!!!

Their correct answer was enzymes, but that isn't correct at all. They also said the Reinheitsgebot allowed only barley malt, water and hops, but I'm pretty sure I've had a German Hefeweizen that had some wheat malt in there.

I got an 80.

Their correct answer was enzymes, but that isn't correct at all. They also said the Reinheitsgebot allowed only barley malt, water and hops, but I'm pretty sure I've had a German Hefeweizen that had some wheat malt in there.

I got an 80.

As with any standardized test, you have to pick the answer that is closest to the truth. You're from Texas, didn't you take the TAAS test in highschool? :p

My Navy test taking skills came into play here as well. Typically the longest answer is the correct one.

80/100

WTF is Pike's anyway? I kept getting questions about Pike's this and Pike's that.

128811838345576498.jpg

82. yeah, starch isn't converted into enzymes and beer was obviously in europe before the first crusade. there are a few other poorly worded questions but those two were obviously wrong.

they were right about the rheinheitsgebot, it did forbid the use of wheat malt in beer because it was considered wasteful when the wheat was needed for bread. bavarian royalty, however, were not subject to the law and continued to brew wheat beer (notably at the hofbrauhaus in munich).

Yeah, some of the questions were not very clear and there were some directly relating to the brewery that I had no idea of. Otherwise, a fun quiz.

They definitely need to look over their test and fix the questions without correct answers (like the malting barley one; it produces sugars, not enzymes!)

well, malting doesn't produce the sugars, mashing does. malting develops the enzymes, but they're released from the aleurone layer, they're not manufactured from starches.

Latest posts

Back