Bottle Filler Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimiGibbs

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm using the standard gravity bottle filler that came with my kit and 2 or 3 times during each bottling session it sticks open loosing precious beer. My question is does this happen with the spring loaded filler? Also, what's up with the Phil's Philler? It's a lot more money, is it a lot more better?
Thanks,
Jimi :mug:

You might have some dried up trub in there around the little valve. They're pretty sensitive about that. Try soaking it overnight in oxy cleaner, PBW, or strong bleach solution if you don't have something better.

I've only used the spring loaded type. I've had no problems with it yet. It does drip quite a bit when not pressed down but that's not a huge deal.

i use the gravity one with no stickage - it does drip - but i use a towel underneath my bottling area. the spring activated one i heard lends itself to rustage.

i agree with the suggestion of giving it a good soak.
i use the gravity type and while it seems flimsy and drips a little, i haven't had any actual problems with it yet.

Back