What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My neighbors Amber Ale. A little sweet but still a nice brew.

image-3850104701.jpg

I'm drinking something incredibly new (to me): Toppling Goliath pseudoSue (yes, that is the way it's spelled on the label) pale ale. Hopped exclusively with Citra, and boy, can you tell.

I'd buy it again, but they self-distribute, and because the liquor store only sells it to people they like (like me), it might be a while.

It's been awhile for me but I figured I would start tonight off with some Jack

Random thought...

Lately [last 3 months] I haven't been able to located Wookey that was bottled any sooner than 10-19 ..... I've mentioned to several bottle shops that their stock was getting old.

I've bought a couple of these said bottles and noticed they had faded a lot...

Did you have the same bottling date?

And if they don't make root beer... then the bottle is deceiving, looks like the same company who makes the root beer.

Went to a local beer bar with the wife and had an All Day IPA, Brooklyn Blast!, Saison Diego and a Founder's Porter (form of beer float). The Brooklyn Blast was mostly bitter, tiny amount of hop flavor and almost zero aroma. The Porter float was good, but there was hardly any ice cream, so that sucked. No I am home another float with plenty of ice cream and Hooker Chocolate Truffle Stout.

I got one growler left from about three months ago from magic hat this ones almost kicked it was the maple chocolate stout it was actually decent

image-440546993.jpg

Swarley88 said:
And if they don't make root beer... then the bottle is deceiving, looks like the same company who makes the root beer.

Its hard root beer. Taste and smells just like soda but its 5abv. I've heard it's great to use for making root beer floats.

Now I'm on to some Jai Lai...

image-3624076240.jpg

finsfan said:
Am not drinking these yet (stupid work) but had to go by the beer store over lunch. I have never had either of these and am really looking forward to trying them at five oclock!:D

Just had a Breckenridge Vanilla the other night. Very nice.

I got one growler left from about three months ago from magic hat this ones almost kicked it was the maple chocolate stout it was actually decent

Don't be surprised if you get a subpoena to court for having a growler for three months haha :D

So far these have been put in the gas tank. Been a great night of founders!

Weebles wobble, but they don't fall down.

Motueka bier de mars here. As well as this is aging, I should save the rest for March.

Just did a quick count. I have at least one bottle from 26 batches of homebrew right now. I went on a sour carboy sniffing binge while I was down in the cellar. My mouth is watering and I'm going to have to drink something sour next. The wlp665 batches all have a beautiful funky cherry aroma. The ECY02 have a more intoxicating complexity. The brett primary beer I added JP dregs to last week is funking already and even Frankenbeer is starting to smell yummy and the tire fire is fading.

Can I adjust focus to get more beer and less dirty house in my photos?

I am using a program called Aviary. It is free but you can purchase add on packs as you wish. I used it for my last photo post. I put it in high def and stuck an arrow through the baby's head...:p

it also has the focus you are looking for. It uses like a bokah (Sp?) effect to the pic

Motueka Saaz Summer Saison.

View attachment 126872

Planning next Spring's planting for future sours. Trying not to go overboard. Two 50' row of raspberries, early summer reds and golds in the fall. Maybe a couple Morello Cherry trees. It's a dark red sour cherry, the most like the Schaerbeek cherries from Belgium that I can find. Possibly a few figs and elderberries, too. I'm also tempted to plant a Mulberry tree, but trying not to go overboard. I wanted to make bacon, so instead of buying pork belly, I bought pigs.....:rolleyes:

A little food for though...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 95
I'm having a Heavy Seas Marzen and water, lots and lots and lots of water because of the ridiculously over the top happy hour I had last night where we drank the following:

Saison Dupont Dry Hop

Brasserie Trois Dames L'Amoureuse No. 2 Rouge*

Oxbow Sasuga

Cantillon Rose de Gambrinus

Drie Fonteinen Kriek

Union 1895 BarleyWeisse

Schlenkerla Helles

Ballast Point Big Eye

Gigantic City Never Sleeps

Evolution Exile

Local Option Dampf Loc

Alesmith Anvil

Gigantic End of Reason

Fullsteam First Frost

Vivant FarmHand French Saison

Old Forge Overbite

Sweetwater Some Strange double black ipa. Got it in a trade. Damn good and probably one of the funniest 'stories' I've ever read on a beer bottle!

ForumRunner_20130606_201934.jpg

Back