2 1/2" tower on kegerator question?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoubleFisted

Reaction score
I have the 2 1/2" tower on my kegerator and I want to drill into it to place two more taps. Am I able to do this with the my tower? The tower shanks that I see say they would work for a 3" tower but they do not say anything for the 2 1/2" towers. Has anyone does this before?

I would purchase some gooseneck fittings and you should be fine...

C329-BrassGooseneck-b1.jpg

to supply my co2 from one to three just simply get a three way manifold and mount it in my kegerator correct?

I added 2 more taps to my 2-1/2" tower. I bought the shanks from micro matic. They were short like in the picture above.

Yes, a 3 way manifold.

Or even a three-way splitter - not sure if that is what it's called but it cost $2 instead of $40.

B

$2?????? where can you find those!?

I had a 3" 2 tap tower on my kegerator and wanted to upgrade to 4 taps. So, I added a 2 faucet extension to the top of the existing tower with 2 more lines to corney keg QDs. Don't know if they make extensions for the 2 1/2" towers, but it's way easier than cutting more holes. The big problem with more holes is getting a tool inside the tower to tighten the tower shank nuts tight enough so the taps don't twist around. It's no problem with the tower extension because you tighten the shanks up before attaching it to the top of the tower.

Also, for the gas, a manifold with individual shutoff valves is way better than a simple splitter because the shutoff valves have checkvalves integrated into them that prevents anything (gas or liquid) from back flowing from one keg to another as pressure changes in the kegs from pouring or if you hook up an over or under pressurized keg. Not only will your gas lines stay cleaner inside, but you won't risk cross contaminating the contents of any kegs should you choose to dispense something like a cider or soda with all the new taps. Trust me, it's worth the money, I started with a splitter and it took me a while to figure out why my gas lines were getting gunk in them. Since I added the manifold they stay nice and clean.

Good luck with that. Between 3-4 shanks, elbows, and beer tubes there's not going to be enough room for a pencil, never mind a wrench.

I hope it works out the way you want though.

Back