Hard Tea question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaron8699

Reaction score
I am looking for an answers or opinion as to if this would work and if so how long of a shelf life would it have in a bottle. I want to make a hard ice tea but kind of cheat a little. Why can't someone just add water and the right amount of sugar and pitch some yeast and let it ferment. Once its done just add some liptons or any other ice tea mix and bottle. Any advice is much appreciated

Because your "wort" wouldn't have any of the nutrients normally provided by grain or extract. If you want hard tea, a better alternative to the method you described would be to buy a bottle of cheap vodka and mix in some tea.

I wanted something I could bottle and take out whenever I wanted. I'm guessing vodka and tea would have a short shelf life if just bottled? Thanks for the help

Kombucha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Was trying to sell this stuff at a May festival for one of the local breweries - people were NOT interested. It's an interesting taste though....almost like apple cider but sweeter and not quite so tart.

I know it's not what you're talking about, but it's similar, right?

I guess its similar but my thirst for hard tea is now gone after looking some of those pics. Well I guess I'll give up on this for now and just go wwith my initial plan of hard lemonade. Thanks for info

Back