Going to Berlin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cclloyd

Reaction score
SWMBO and I just booked our tix to go to Berlin for two weeks in May. She has relatives there who we stay with (cheap and convenient) ;) and will be our defacto tour guides. We've been twice before but it has been 10 years since our last visit. It was on our first trip there in 1996 that I really got opened up to good beer. I have since become a home brewer and obviously want to take advantage of the visit to one of the most beercentric societies in the world with at least one and hopefully several brewery tours and beergarden visits. It IS a vacation right? So anyway, I am doing my online research and finding dozens if not hundreds of breweries and beergardens the are open to the public for tasting and tours. I have decided on a couple already based on the proximity to where we are staying (Lichtenrade for anyone who is familiar with Berlin) but I am open to suggestions and input from any of you who have been there and might have recommendations. Of course I will report back with pix after the trip. Thanks for the help.

I recommened doing all the touristy stuff... :) Reichstag, Sony Center, Berlin Wall and Checkpoing Charley, etc etc. There is so much I wouldn't be concerned. Just ask the locals about the beergardens and you will be fine ;)

luisen brau brew pub is a must information below...... I was stationed in Berlin in 1992 before the closure of Tempelhof AB just down the road from Checkpoint Charlie.....

DRAGGER.....

Berliner Gasthausbrauerei "Luisen Bräu"
Luisenplatz 1,
10585 Berlin (by Schloß Charlottenburg)
Tel.: (030) 341 93 88
Fax: (030) 342 50 66
E-Mail: [email protected]
Homepage: http://www.cfchertha06.de/sponsor/luisenbraeu/

Founded: 1987
Annual production: 1,600 hl

Beer alc Description
Luisen-Bräu - Hell Unfiltered pale lager.
Luisen-Bräu - Dunkel Unfiltered dark lager.
Luisen-Bräu - Weizen Unfiltered wheat beer.

Brewpub.

Thanks Dragger - I went there on the last visit and will likely include it again this time. It is adjacent to Schloss Charlottenburg if I recall correctly. I have gone to many of the museums and the Brandenburg Gate, the Ku'damm, Potsdamer Platz, the big tower in old East Berlin, Spandau Citadel etc etc. I will definitely be doing the touristy stuff again.

Me too 99 - we've been to several of the museums, the Oranienburg Concentration camp, Festung Konigstein, Neuzelle Monestary (there's a brewery there too but it wasn't open for tours the last time we went), Dresden Opera House,etc etc. Love the history and culture there.

Today's the day. We leave for the airport in about ten minutes. I will post plenty of pix upon my return.

Tchuss!!

Latest posts

Back