just made the best beer i have ever had...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basilchef

Reaction score
Mosaic pale ale. Bar none the very best i have ever brewed. I have been at it awhile now and am a bit of a snob. So this, isnt easy to say. So amazing. Tropical nose with easy hop flavor. Bitterness is on par with malt.

ForumRunner_20130619_003324.jpg

Really? Well it looks way too clear, I'm sure it's over hopped, hits your nose too much up front, the head looks like you painted it in, and the Alchemist glass is an unfortunate comparison to a great beer....which I'm sure THIS IS!! I'm kidding! Congrats, you made a great beer. The first one I had that I said 'damn this is really quite good' was really a great feeling. Enjoy it! Mine keep clearing more over time but I couldn't wait....most of it was gone when it was really starting to get good!!!

That really is an amazing feeling because you are right, we are our own worst critics so it's very hard to say when we to make a great beer.
Good job and congrats.

@bradpoff I have to say for a second my eyes were wide open when I started to read your response hahah.

Yes, recipe please. I've got four ounces of Mosaic on the freezer just waiting for a brew day.

Gotta love that feeling when you hit it spot on. Now stop being a tease and give us the recipe!

I was going to ask if it was frozen. :)

It's a great feeling, making something to be proud of. Congrats!

Nice one, it looks delicious.

I can't wait 'til I make a beer that makes me really want to have more. I haven't gotten there, but I will.

Congrats.

Fantastic!
There are a few beers I LOVE that have mosaic in them. My lhbs just started to carry it and I want to give them a shot.
Care to share the recipe?

Ok, sorry for the late response. Here is the recipe.

American 2-row - 8.75lbs
White wheat - 1.25lbs
C 10 - 7oz
Biscuit malt - 5oz
Honey malt - 5oz

Hops:
Fwh - .25oz
20 - .25oz
15 - .5oz
10 - .5oz
5 - .5oz
F.O. .5oz
140° for 20mins - .5oz

Started a dry hop but it started to throw off the balance so i crashed it after three days.

Whirlfloc - 15
Yeast nutrient - 15

Mashed low at 150°f for 1 hour.
60min boil
Fermented bry-97 low as poss (66°f) for two weeks then crashed (due to the hops) and transferred to secondary. Cool conditioned for 1 1/2 weeks at 50°f then crashed again for three days at 35°f. Racked to keg and bottled rest.

1.052 o.g. - fg not measured but thinking between 1.007 & 1.009

Again, light bodied with big tropical and stone fruit aroma with notes of grapefruit and citrus. Let me know if you try it. Cheers

ForumRunner_20130622_184609.jpg

Crystal clear. No gelatin. I can't stop drinking this. Pares really well with jeffersons 10 year... Just saying :mug:

Back