Tampa Florida!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xmacro

Reaction score
Well, I've been lurking and posting for the better part of a week on here, figure I'd start a thread in here

Cutting into this thread since you guys are from Tampa - I'm going to be heading there in a couple of weeks to see my old college buddy. I'm going to land at about 9am, and he won't get off of work until around 4p. I've got a car and want to head to a beach. Where should I go?

Depends where he lives. If he lives In Palm Harbor/Largo/Clearwater area head to Clearwater Beach, if he lives in south Pinellas county go to st. pete beach bars. Post Card Inn is a fun place to hang out, and Undertowe has a good selection of beer.

Clearwater beach is really nice around the Hyatt.

This Saturday there is a beer festival at the Brighthouse field called Hops for Hospice, with a pretty good venue.

Cutting into this thread since you guys are from Tampa - I'm going to be heading there in a couple of weeks to see my old college buddy. I'm going to land at about 9am, and he won't get off of work until around 4p. I've got a car and want to head to a beach. Where should I go?

Just go to Clearwater Beach. By far the best talent there. From the airport, take 60 west. All the way to the water. For lunch, Frenchy's is a fun place that is grandfathered on the sand. To get to Frenchy's, turn right when you hit the water (Mandalay) and it will be on your left, about 1/4 mile.

Thanks for the suggestions! He lives in Plant City. I'm thinking I'll go to Clearwater and head over to his place around 3pm. How would traffic be around that time?

Traffic gets very heavy at the I-4 275 interchange around 4PM. If you take Howard Franklin over anytime before 4:00 you won't hit any major traffic

Edit:

I guess if your coming from clearwater you will be taking Courtney Campbell, to veterans, then to 275 I am unfamiliar with the Courtney Campbell traffic

Traffic gets very heavy at the I-4 275 interchange around 4PM. If you take Howard Franklin over anytime before 4:00 you won't hit any major traffic

Edit:

I guess if your coming from clearwater you will be taking Courtney Campbell, to veterans, then to 275 I am unfamiliar with the Courtney Campbell traffic

The CC is clear until about 5. It's not too bad after that, but slow. Watch for the 50mph speed trap on the east end of it, while travelling east.

Awesome. Does Frenchy's have a good beer selection? If not, are there any places on or near Clearwater beach that do?

If you want to pick up some good craft brews on your way to plant city,

You can stay on 275 east-north past the I-4 Interchange, for 2-3 more miles and get off at Hillsborough or Martin Luther King Dr, and stop at Southern Brewing and Winemaking. It is a awesome homebrew store, they also have bottles to go and a few good ones on tap.

It is only about 10 minutes out of your way. The area you drive through looks a little rough but you won't have any problems.

Thanks again! - I might check out the homebrew shop. I also noticed that Cigar City Brewing is also practically on the way to Plant City as well...

I'm talking about Cigar City the brewery.

Supposedly it's at:
3924 West Spruce Street, Tampa, FL ???

Mid-way between Clearwater and Plant City

If you're taking Courtney Campbell to head back to Plant City, then Cigar City is only a few minutes out of the way. I'd highly recommend stopping there, awesome beers. There's also a Total Wine right around the corner from Cigar City, if you need to grab some beers to take with you to Plant City.

You'll take Courtney Campbell to Memorial Highway, and get on memorial southbound. Memorial will put you on I275 eastbound, get off at the Dale Mabry exit, and go north. Immediately on your left, you'll see a shopping plaza, with a Home Depot, a Whole Foods, and Total Wine. There's a light to turn left into the stores. The next light on Dale Mabry is Spruce, you'll turn left, and Cigar City will be on the left right after you get past the Home Depot.

Back