DIY - Cherry Wood Three Faucet Tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaoxad

Reaction score
I recently returned from a trip to Michigan to see my parents.

During this trip back home, my father and I set aside some quality "shop" time together to build this new tower for my OLD kegerator.

I took several pictures of the process knowing that I would be sharing them with the HBT community, so here they are!

Every image that I have detailing this process from start to finish are available here:
DIY - Cherry Wood Three Faucet Tower Build

Feel free to shoot me any questions.

NvPZ6l.jpg

qdm8Fl.jpg

uPHmll.jpg

ttOL1l.jpg

6nz94l.jpg

0ye4yl.jpg

mR4gUl.jpg

Y8DtVl.jpg

YHtaXl.jpg

FIboMl.jpg

HA3gJl.jpg

tneeUl.jpg

3DoQbl.jpg

uWd42l.jpg

TZG48l.jpg

ntGQFl.jpg

rr2wbl.jpg

Finished it off with a few coats of stain to bring out the rich color of the cherry.

I Insulated the base of the tower with a pipe insulator, affixed it to the base with silicone, drilled pilot holes and fastened with 3" screws.

The taps pictured each have their own story and were given to me during this trip to MI.
They by no means represent my tastes in beer but are more for laughs.

Thanks for looking HBT!

m1AV4l.jpg

Beautiful work! A couple of quick questions:
1. Is it insulated at all, if not do you have problems with the first pour being warmish?
2. How is it attached to the top of the fridge?

:mug:

I like it! I was thinking about doing a similar design before I ended up just buying 2 triple tap towers and 1 double for my 8 tap kegerator build I'm working on now. I was contemplating something like you did possibly to keep it a bit cheaper. Also the wood gives it a nice touch.

Beautiful work! A couple of quick questions:
1. Is it insulated at all, if not do you have problems with the first pour being warmish?
2. How is it attached to the top of the fridge?

:mug:

I actually was just in the process of updating the post with that information when i received this message.

"I Insulated the base of the tower with a pipe insulator, affixed it to the base with silicone, drilled pilot holes and fastened with 3" screws."

I have zero problems with the temperature of my beer. Every glass has been perfect, my only problem is keeping up with the demand.

Ahhh, I love the freshly cut cherry wood!

Good looking build my friend!

I like it! I was thinking about doing a similar design before I ended up just buying 2 triple tap towers and 1 double for my 8 tap kegerator build I'm working on now. I was contemplating something like you did possibly to keep it a bit cheaper. Also the wood gives it a nice touch.

Thank you very much!

Cost was definitely a HUGE factor in my decision with this design. Dad had all the lumber and parts right on-hand in his shop.

Also it is a happy reminder of that summer also and that is definitely worth something.

Latest posts

Back