Welcome to the UnderGround- Part 1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiNap44

Reaction score
After a little over a year of reseach, building, making mistakes (lots) and rebuilding, I finally got the brewery up and running. :ban:

Hope you enjoy the tour......

DSCN2111.JPG

The Three Towers
DSCN1960.JPG

What's on tap. Well actually nothing. I'm between batches. Those beers are long gone.
DSCN2094.JPG

The plumbing of the system.
DSCN1962.JPG
DSCN1954.JPG

The HLT (exterior & interior)
DSCN1961.JPG
DSCN2099.JPG

The Mash Tun (exterior & interior)
DSCN18411.JPG
DSCN2097.JPG

And the BK

More to come in Part 2

Nice looking setup Di! I got to ask..I've got a spare blichmann thermometer lying around, and was interested in what you thought of your placement on the plate chiller? Does it come in handy, or does it pretty much just read the same thing everytime you chill your wort?

~Jeff

That's nice. A lot of "bling" in those pics, I almost have to put my sunglasses on.

What are you controlling the RIMS with?

Also, and idea for your whiteboard: Use a permanent marker for the stuff you want to stay up for a while (circles for kegs, "On Tap:" etc); permanent marker can be removed later by scribbling over it with a dry erase marker. Try it.

Nice looking setup Di! I got to ask..I've got a spare blichmann thermometer lying around, and was interested in what you thought of your placement on the plate chiller? Does it come in handy, or does it pretty much just read the same thing everytime you chill your wort?

~Jeff

Thanks. The thermometer is pretty accurate. I had the same concerns you mentions, so I toke a sample of the cooled wort and measured it with a digital thermometer and it was spot on. (give or take 1 to 2 degrees) My design is roughly based on Sabco's Wort Chiller(minus the cost). Works like a charm.

That's nice. A lot of "bling" in those pics, I almost have to put my sunglasses on.

What are you controlling the RIMS with?

Also, and idea for your whiteboard: Use a permanent marker for the stuff you want to stay up for a while (circles for kegs, "On Tap:" etc); permanent marker can be removed later by scribbling over it with a dry erase marker. Try it.

Thanks.:D

I use a BCS-460 from Embedded Control Concepts and the temp. probes are the handy work of Derrin from Brewers Hardware.

Thanks for the idea on the whiteboard. Will do.:mug:

Back