Splitting CO2 and PSI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orpheus

Reaction score
I'm proud to say I now have, for the first time in my life, two beverages on tap in my kegerator.

I have them on a simple splitter and was wondering if 12 PSI means they're both being carbed to 12 PSI or if it is now split in half because of the two kegs?

You will now have 12 psi on both kegs. And I believe congrats are in order for you sir!

You are not limited to just splitting in two either, you can split the line just about as many times as you want, the pressure should stay the same.

More places to test for leaks, however...

MA_Brewer said:
You are not limited to just splitting in two either, you can split the line just about as many times as you want, the pressure should stay the same.

Was that a nice way to tell him his 2 keg Sanyo is already obsolete?

Grats Orph!

olllllo said:

Grats Orph!

NONSENSE!

It just means you need ANOTHER sanyo, a 20# tank inbetween the two of them...

That is if you can stand drinking the same two things 100 times in a row before switching.

Well... whos to say you cant drink half a keg and switch it out for antoher one?

Orpheus said:
I'm proud to say I now have, for the first time in my life, two beverages on tap in my kegerator.

I have them on a simple splitter and was wondering if 12 PSI means they're both being carbed to 12 PSI or if it is now split in half because of the two kegs?

Wow. Orph posted about brewing. Impressive!

olllllo said:

Grats Orph!
I didn't think of it like that, but I guess so! :D I suppose you could also use just the two kegs, but have another few outlets for keeping ales "on gas" while conditioning...or using a beer gun...

Cheesefood said:
Wow. Orph posted about brewing. Impressive!

Cheese, the dead bird av is the shizz!

...but on a brewing note... (and hijacking)

I am having issues with keg leaks. I disconnected the gas because I don't want to drain my tank. I check every couple days and my kegs lose pressure. I need to check leaks, but am not sure how to fix. They all have new o-rings but some hold pressure and some don't.

This all being said... orfy, do a leak check soon so you don't drain your tank and asphyxiate yourself!

I've not had any problems with leaking. I pressure tested them all by filling the empty kegs to 30 PSI and then brushing a soapy water solution to detect leaks.

I have found that my kegs are finicky, but by jiggling the pressure relief valve and other minor adjustments, my kegs have not had a problem yet.

yes, you definitely want to check for leaks before you put beer in the kegs, otherwise you are asking for lots of problems...

congrats on having two beers on tap, how many more do you have capacity for? if it is a number more, you may want to think of getting a manifold for the gas. i started with the Tee, and used it for a long time until i upgraded my kegerator and bought a manifold.

just like others have said, check everything for leaks, and you will be a much happier kegger in the long run.

Back