Upgrading Kegging System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gmj1980

Reaction score
So I just order two more taps for my keezer which puts me at 4 taps. My question is which regulator are you guys buying. Also I have a regulator that can serve to keg. Is there anyway I can use this with something else I buy or do I just upgrade. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I've bought two different Foxx regulators, one a dual body/triple gauge that runs my six faucet keezer, the other a single body/dual gauge with a 2-valve manifold I use in one of my beer fridges for carbonation, both all metal construction. They've proven to be of excellent value - easy to use, set pressures never wander around, and leak free.

Not an advocate - couldn't care less what anyone else buys - but I am a happy user...

Cheers!

Also I have a regulator that can serve to keg.

Not quite sure what you mean by this. If you've got a regulator now, you don't necessarily need to buy anything new. It all depends on whether or not you'd like to serve beers at different pressures. For instance, the dual body/triple gauge regulator day_trippr mentioned means that he can serve beers at two different pressures (one for each body). So if you've got a low carb beer (stout) and a higher carb beer (hefeweisse), then you don't have to aim for in between. You could even go up to a 4-body regulator and serve at 4 different pressures if you had a mind (and the cash) for it.

On the other hand, if you're like me and don't particularly care whether you are carbing to style, you can use a single regulator and split it after the fact to four gas disconnects. In my future plans I'd like to get several different regulators going, but for the meantime I'm happy splitting a moderate pressure between my kegs (ie 10psi at about 40 degrees). For the splitting the safest bet is to get a manifold with check valves (to prevent backflow into the other lines/regulator). If you're confident that you can keep your gas lines clean (don't fill up past the end of the gas dip tube), a cheaper option is just some plastic T's that you can put in the gas line to split it to the different kegs.

Back