Kegerator-- inspiration ambushed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kornkob

Resident Crazy Uncle
Reaction score
So, after seeing a series of great homebuild kegerators here, I was getting inspired to poke around and find a fridge to build one of my own. As I looked for a good deal on a minifridge (not having the space for a full sized fridge) I found my plans ambushed and beaten within an inch of their lives.

I get an email out of nowhere from someone I haven't seen in years where he points out that one of his coworkers is selling a 2 year old Haier Kegerator for almost exactly what I budgeted for my project--- with 3 CO2 tanks to boot (although one will require a hydro on it's next refill).

So now instead of cramming 2 kegs into a retrofit, I'll be able to comfortably put 2 kegs on tap and have one hanging out in back lagering.

Although for now I've only got one tap on the tower (anyone wanna buy a single head tap tower? IM me and we'll talk about a decent price) that will change before too long.

I also need to get a CO2 quick release so I can easily change from corney keg attchments to Sankey American for those times when I want to have a big pile of people over (if I've got 30 people over for a cookout I'm not 'wasting' my homebrew--- I'll get something commercial instead).

Now I have to decide if I'm going to salvage parts off my jockey box or if I'd rather just sell it off to fund other aspects of my hobby. Hell, I've only used the box a half dozen times or so but those half dozen were some good times.

For now the kegerator sits in the dining room, clean and silent, waiting for it's first keg. (prolly post pics once my membership kicks in)

Back