no bubbles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damo

Reaction score
i just bottled my first brew during fermentation there was no bubbles coming through the airlock. does this mean the fermentation didnt happen? the og reading was 1020 this was just from extract concentrate i bottled anyway because the recipe said ferment for a week and og will be anywhere between 1000 and 1060 thats when it is ready

this thread needs clarification before anyone can help. the numbers in the original post don't even make sense...

what was the EXACT Original Gravity? what did the recipe say it would be? its hard to miss OG on an extract recipe

what was the EXACT final gravity?

Jesse17 said:
Did you take a final gravity reading or did you meen the 1.020 was the final not the original?
yeah sorry 1020 was the og 1008 was the final gravity

YooperBrew said:
since you had the decrease in gravity, fermentation took place.

.... and either your lid was not sealing or maybe your airlock grommet was leaking

Hello and welcome aboard,

More that likely you have a inaccurate OG reading. The most common reason for this with extract brewers. Typically the wort was not stirred up enough. This usually happens after adding the topping off water. In order to get an accurate gravity reading the wort needs to be really stirred up.

I used to take my gravity sample after shaking to aerate. Just before pitching the yeast.

Cheers!!!

Back