floaties?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuiceyJay

Reaction score
so, i've got these floaties in my beer and some have dropped, some are suspended (pictured) and some are floating at the top, not really sure what to call them, but it looks like couscous was dumped into the beer.
i want to say it's yeast, but from my extremely limited knowledge i'm not entirely sure, they have been around since about the first day or two. there isn't anything growing on the top and the taste is awesome!

did the hydrometer test a few times and it's ready to bottle this sunday, just not sure what these floaties are?

beer is an arrogant bastard clone, yeast was SF-5
EDIT: it's been in the fermenter for 3 weeks now.
IMAG0050.jpg

Yes, that's yeast. I call them "yeast clumpies" for the lack of a more technical term. But they will fall to the bottom of the fermenter eventually. Even if not, it's no problem.

Yooper said:
Yes, that's yeast. I call them "yeast clumpies" for the lack of a more technical term. But they will fall to the bottom of the fermenter eventually. Even if not, it's no problem.

"Yeast clumpies" I like that:)

Back