Opinions please; $35 Turkeyfryer kit!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MathMan

Reaction score
Well, I have seen several similar cheap turkey friers posted on here, but This clearence price surprises me. I'm really considering this if nothing else as a starting point so SWMBO can get me out of the kitchen. I'm currently only extract brewing with a 3gal stockpot and most larger pots cost much more than this kit in the first place.

So, I'm just asking for a quick opinion from everyone before going ahead with the purchase (my main concern is the brand, "Mr. Outdoor"). Thanks in advance!

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Mr-O...turkey+fryer&WTz_l=Header;Search-All+Products

The pot capacity isn't listed explicitly, but it looks like the typical 30qt aluminum pot. I've got a very similar kit and it works great. It's a bit tight for 5 gallon batches, but I watch very closely until the hot break and haven't had a significant boil over yet.

The price is right. You may want to try and confirm the capacity of the pot though.

Keep an eye out for clearance stuff, I got my display model turkey fryer for a stupidly cheap 43 cents

Back