South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 11!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to send the pick up PM but this website keeps timing out on me. Happening to everyone else?

Still can't get a PM out so i'll post here until the website is running fully:

The NEW delivery date has been set for Thursday, Febuary 3rd at 7:15pm!

1618 Union Avenue
Pennsauken, NJ 08110
(RAIN/SNOW will be the only cause for a change)

When arriving at NEMF, Please wait OUTSIDE in the parking lot to the left of the building until you see me and 2 pallets of grain! Once you see me and the pallets, drive through the gate on the RIGHT SIDE of the building and drive all the way around the building.

If you are splitting a sack with someone, either plan on bringing a scale or getting a Homer Bucket at Home Depot and eyeballing up your split.

If you can not make it to the pick up on time on the 3rd, PLEASE make arrangements for someone else to hold your grain for you! NEMF is being very kind to allow us to continuously use there parking lot to split up our order. Lets not over stay our welcome.

If you can pickup for another member, please do! We have to try not to fill up the lot with cars. They still need to move trucks around.

If you have any questions or problems, please post on the forum or call me directly @ 856-xxx-xxxx

Cheers!

So what's the word on this weather situation for the pickup. Do we need tarps to lay down in the parking lot for splitting the pallets?

I will bring a 15 foot by 25 foot 4 mil plastic sheet that we can throw down if we need to. It is brand new and won't have any holes. I don't need to get it back so If someone wants to take it for the next group buy weather emergency they are welcome to it. My guess is that it's going to be either sloppy slushy and wet, or icy. If NEMF did a good job plowing and saltingit shouldn't be too bad.

Weather.com says it's going to be nice and sunny and clear tomorrow. But with the way things have been going, I will believe it when I see it.

It may be a little damp so some sort of ground cover will be needed. I'll see if I can source one today. If anyone want to bring an extra one, that might be good.

What is the situation with bringing a few bottles? Does NEMF have a policy about this?

Not looking to get anyone in trouble.

Sergood - it is ok to bring some beers to trade with others. We've done that a few times. Just keep it low key.

As far as bringing beers for the workers there - let's not. We don't want them to get into trouble so the best way is to avoid it.

Sergood - it is ok to bring some beers to trade with others. We've done that a few times. Just keep it low key.

As far as bringing beers for the workers there - let's not. We don't want them to get into trouble so the best way is to avoid it.

OK, i'll bring a few for our gracious organizers (Lordura/Grain & Ferman/Hop) :mug:

Thanks for making it easier/cheaper to justify this obsession with SWMBO

Just gotoff the phone with NEMF, they said they are not allowed to take gifts. Oh well.

Its going to be cold... I hope everyone has some mittens!

Crap. Getting stuck at work tonight and won't be able to pick up. FML. Anybody in Bucks County area that's able to pick up for me?? Will return the favor!

Crap. Getting stuck at work tonight and won't be able to pick up. FML. Anybody in Bucks County area that's able to pick up for me?? Will return the favor!

gungadin - if you cannot find anyone closer, I can hold on to them until you can get to my neck of the woods. Just let me know.

Gunga,

I work in Blue Bell, I can pick it up and we can meet up tomorrow.

Thanks, I'll take you up on the pickup but there's no way I can make it to BB tomorrow, but maybe next week? If you need some 2row, take 1/2 a bag for yourself!

Thanks, I'll take you up on the pickup but there's no way I can make it to BB tomorrow, but maybe next week? If you need some 2row, take 1/2 a bag for yourself!

Let me know what works best for you.

As far as the grain....I would not think of it. It's a small favor I can do for a fellow HB'er. If you have a bottle or two I NEVER pass up on free beer.:mug:

Sergio

Christ was that a lot of grain!

The only problem is the missing 1/3rd of RYE!
Rye was being split between Dschuetz, Ty5592 & OLDBREW. Dschuetz and I were the only two picking up those splits but it seems someone had already open the RYE. Please check your split and see if you have the RYE.

Besides that, everything was pretty good! Thanks to everyone who came out and helped load those pallets! I owe you guys a beer.

Round 12 starts in 2 days!

Jeff - thanks as always for all your time and energy into making these buys go so smoothly. We all owe you.

Make sure you guys are throwing in an extra few bucks for Jeff each buy when you send your payments. He is doing this in his own free time and deserves a sack or two on us for all his hard work.

I'll second that!
many thanks to lordura for the grain buy and Ferman for the hops buy.. It is chistmas in february

and a shout out to oldbrew wherever he may be- the belgian syrup is quite tasty

That was great.. thanks Jeff!

I picked up for defenestrate and myself.... check us both off for not having a 1/3 sack of rye that we should not.

That was great.. thanks Jeff!

I picked up for defenestrate and myself.... check us both off for not having a 1/3 sack of rye that we should not.

Rob,
I think I have a 1/2 sack of defenestrate's best malz dark wheat malt here. Are you sure you have everything. I'm missing a 1/3 sack of rye malt though

The half sack of best dark wheat I took I poured into a trash bag.. I left the the other half in the original sack.. I didn't know who it was for. If you have your dark wheat... it should be still labeled. I have a sack of rye.. but it is unopened. The splits I have are vienna which was poured for me. The dark wheat which I poured. And munich which was left in the bag.

Luckily rye is easily identifiable! <----- HAH (edit)

I think defenestrate and I were the only two brewers to order and split the BZ dark wheat malt. I have a whole sack here

Jeff - thanks as always for all your time and energy into making these buys go so smoothly. We all owe you.

Make sure you guys are throwing in an extra few bucks for Jeff each buy when you send your payments. He is doing this in his own free time and deserves a sack or two on us for all his hard work.

Ditto:mug:

Congrats on another successful group buy Jeff. Well organized. smooth. Awesome.

Thanks a ton for makin it happen.

If there's anything I can do to help out, just let me know.

-Kevin

Got Grains?

IMG_1090.jpg

Thanks to Jeff for organizing and helping things run so smoothly. Nice meeting a couple of you guys too.

:mug:

Back