I freakin' LOVE BREWING!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is an obsession isn't it? Only home brewers get it though. I find it to be deeply satisfying. When the wort smell permeates the entire house and the wife and kids start to complain, I know I'm in my happy place. :)

ME TOO!!! I love the smell of the mash, and the smell of those first bittering hops tossed into the boil...mmmmmmm! Oh, and of course drinking your product whilst brewing some more up has got to be one of my top 10 favorite things I love in life.

Homebrewing goes from hobby to obsession rather quickly. It did for me at least. :mug:

LOL...gotta another one hooked. :D

Pretty soon you'll end up like one of these guys..

motivator7072222.jpg

motivator2903225.jpg

:mug:

I'm hooked as well. I brewed my 3rd batch last night and for the first time used my own recipe. (a basic hefeweizen)
But guess what?
My wife loves it too! She helped me throughout the whole process yesterday and told me she's really exicited to see how this batch comes out. She's a big fan of Hefe's also.
I love brewing but the fact that my wife also enjoys it makes it that much more fun.

I'm hooked as well. I brewed my 3rd batch last night and for the first time used my own recipe. (a basic hefeweizen)
But guess what?
My wife loves it too! She helped me throughout the whole process yesterday and told me she's really exicited to see how this batch comes out. She's a big fan of Hefe's also.
I love brewing but the fact that my wife also enjoys it makes it that much more fun.

ditto. i don't know where i'd be without my swmbo. she helps me in almost every brew, and helps be drink them too.

At any given time I am thinking about some part of the brewing process. If I am at work and am going to brew when I get home, I get butterflies in my friggin stomach like I'm going on a first date! It is the craft of Kings.

I just brewed a Dunkelweisen last night while it was 3 degrees outside... it's 8 this morning and I wish I have enough cash to brew another batch :-(

Ohhhh dunkelweizen yeaaahhh. Death Brewer here has a good basic recipe, and Jamil Z has a great recipe too (check my sig).

Yeah I got Brewing Classic Styles from my mom for Christmas and I used the Dunkelweisen recipe from that book.

Im trying to keep the fermentation temp down to keep those esters in check. :drunk:

My wife told me that I need to either slow down the brewing, or find more friends...

Four more cornies arrived from the Chi Company, I got a new traceable thermometer for Christmas with a waterproof 10' probe, and we just tapped a fresh keg of Oatmeal Stout, ahhhhhhhhh, life is good.

I love this...

Its amazing. I fell so far into this hobby, and I know already even like 8 months in that I will be doing this the rest of my life. Its also funny to see how each of you are all totally obsessed with this hobby, because its consumed my life the same way and everybody thinks im nuts haha but im not the only one

A homebrewer vs a non home-brewer is much like a smoker vs a non-smoker. Its not just something you enjoy, it becomes part of you!!

This is an amazing hobby. I have to force myself not to make homebrewing/beer the topic of every discussion I have with anyone. It does happen quickly too. I bottled last Sunday, brewed another batch on Wednesday night and bought ingredients for another batch to brew tomorrow, this afternoon. :rockin:

and it makes good christmas presents.

The beer you make is much better than what you usually can find in the store. and is cheaper.

What I love most is changing up my brews. I use the same grain bill for my IPA's change up adjuncts and hops to get different beers. Bump up same IPA's and make IIPA's. Same with my Brown Ale. I was getting so bored with beers and having to buy different kinds of brews at the store not to mention 10 bucks plus a sixer. In 30+ batches I have yet to duplicate any 100%.
Cheers:mug:

Latest posts

Back