Setup from ebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhatsOnTap

Reaction score
Well, the triple threat system just arrived, and it looks GOOD! One keg has a safety sticker and the others don't have anything. They are clean and mean, and the CO2 tank is brand new! So is the gauge and everything else.

So I've got some APA in the secondary that I want to transfer to keg - can I add polyclar right to the keg and draw off the sediment after 4 days? Can I do this while it's carbonating? What's the fastest best method to clarify, or doesn't it matter?

I am fired up - lets go ice fishing and just drag the keg out there behind us!!!! Then they'll have to drag us back behind the keg. OOOHHHhhh this was a beautifully bad idea! :cross:

I'm waiting for my kegging and kegerator equipment to come from midwest. I'm glad yours looks good.

Hey about that Ice fishing, i'm from IL and was wondering how to get in to doing it. What fish do you catch, crappie and walleye?

AHammer16 said:
I'm waiting for my kegging and kegerator equipment to come from midwest. I'm glad yours looks good.

Hey about that Ice fishing, i'm from IL and was wondering how to get in to doing it. What fish do you catch, crappie and walleye?

Well, you start out with a sixer :D

All you need to know is on http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/index.html

Ice, short rods, auger, tiny jigs for crappie and bluegill. Minnows or jigging rapalas for walleyes and crappie. That forum above can tell it better than me though. The most important thing you can take, though, is a cold HOMEBREW! Good luck!

My brother and I were just talking about chipping a big hole and just sinking the keg in there!

Not to hi-jack the thread by answering the OP, but I normally just put the ale in the keg and let it sit for a week under pressure. The first pint might be a little murky, but after that clarity isn't a problem.

Dont forget to hit the LHBS and get a extra 5 gallon bucket. Make sure it doesnt have a spiget on it so when ya sit out on that lake ono the bucket it aint poking ya in the arse

No worries david, we got off tangent a little. So it'll clarify on its own if I keg it and carbonate? How 'bout the polyclar? should I add some to the keg or just forget it?

WhatsOnTap said:
No worries david, we got off tangent a little. So it'll clarify on its own if I keg it and carbonate? How 'bout the polyclar? should I add some to the keg or just forget it?

If you can get the hb cold (40) for about 2 days before you keg it will clarify alot on its own. Also easier to force carbonate when its cold.

flhrpi said:
If you can get the hb cold (40) for about 2 days before you keg it will clarify alot on its own. Also easier to force carbonate when its cold.

i do the same. i crash 'em down to around 35-38 degress for a couple days before i rack to keg and force carb. works like a charm!:D

How's the ice this year in MI? Sux over here in SE WI. Sturgeon spearing starts soon and those boys are gonna hafta walk out..........

The ice is good up here by the 45th parallel, but downstate it is not good, even as far as Ludington. There's a good sturgeon lake on the NE side of MI that should be good to go!

Back