• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB - False Bottom

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctb6760

Reaction score
Anyone looking to get rid of a 12" false bottom. Just figured I'd try here first before getting a new one.

How much, what kind etc? Might be helpful. I am always looking for a beter bottom. LOL

Thats exactly what I plan on using it for. Thanks for looking. You can just PM me if you'd rather.

ok, I'll look for it as soon as I get home and confirm that it is 12".. I'll pm you

Still looking if anybody has something. I'm looking for the domed style that sits on the bottom that is 12" in diameter.

Depending on if I have a use for the one I'm replacing, I may have one. I am travelling today but I could tell you by tomorrow sometime.

Well, I think I'm actually going to be able to re-purpose it. I won't know 100% until I run a batch through to see how it does. I'm planning on using it as a coarse hop screen in the boil kettle. If the idea fails, then I'll probably get rid of it. Not much help I know. Sorry.

I currently have a 12" false bottom with center hole. I about about to finish a bottom draining mashtun keggle build that will use a 15" folding design. Seeing how the 15" is quite expensive, I wouldn't mind alleviating some of that cost by selling the old.

I am not quite ready yet to pull the trigger on the 15", how soon are you needing it?

I'm not in a crazy rush to get it but hopefully sometime mid summer I hope to definitely have it. Does it have an elbow w/ barb on it or just a center hole?

It has a center hole that I enlarged abit to accept my 1/2" copper pickup tube. I can't remember where I purchased it (NB/MoreBeer) but it came with a right angle SS 1/4" pickup tube. I can included that with the FB, but you would have to do something around the center hole to accommodate for the extra slop.

Timing seems about right for me also. I am still needing to procure a Keg and to pace my purchases so that SWMBO does not get alarmed.

I know I shouldn't be picky but I was looking for one with the barb fitting. I think I may just get a new one since they aren't that expensive.

I'm probably a little late considering the last post was a few months back, but I have a 12" with center-drilled, 90 degree barb from morebeer. If you happen to still be looking, let me know.

I'm probably a little late considering the last post was a few months back, but I have a 12" with center-drilled, 90 degree barb from morebeer. If you happen to still be looking, let me know.

Not meaning to thread hijack, but is it a domed model for use in a 10 gal round rubbermaid? I might be interested.

Hey rob got one if you are still looking let it go for $35 with shipping. got it from more beer but never really used it, went to keggles before I had the chance.

Back