What Posts for Italian 1-handle Ball Lock Kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thelorax121

Reaction score
I picked up a "Beverage Pressurization System" from Excelsior Beverages off some guy on craigslist yesterday. I came with some kind of motor and some gauges, as well as two single steel handle ball lock kegs made by the brand Von Offnen from Italy that were hooked to various lines. The problem is, the kegs don't have the posts for the disconnects, so I need to buy replacements. I figured all ball locks would use the same posts, but Northern brewer has a few different styles, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me if these ones would fit:
http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewi...used-keg-post-assembly-liq-type-a-4-pack.html.

As of now I just pulled the three primary regs off as well as the extra gauge, if anyon has any other ideas on how to use this, let em rip.

Here are the kegs:
img0030vp.jpg

img0032fw.jpg

And this is the system they came with:
http://www.wateronline.com/product.mvc/Beverage-Pressurization-System-0001

img0020yq.jpg

img0021so.jpg

some industrial kegs have tapered pipe threads instead of ball-lock posts, that's possibly what you have... we use kegs like that at work for holding pressurized lubricating oils and solvents.

photos of the equipment would be nice..............

very interesting...

the unit on the bottom with the motor on it looks like a carbonator but i'd need a photo of the other side to make an exact identification... i'm guessing the unit was part of a post-mix dispenser of some kind, the kegs were used for syrup (common before bag-in-box systems were developed).

i did a bit of googling and came up with this link: Robinson/Kirshbaum industries they are the builders of Excelsior beverage products. if there is a model number on the unit, you can search their website for technical information.

fwiw, ball-lock kegs get their name because they have ball-lock posts, pin-lock kegs get their name because they have pin-lock posts....

actually, i think your kegs have flared posts... in one of the photos i can see what looks like the post connected to a hose or metal line...

Those aren't ball-lock kegs and without knowing the exact threading on the posts, you are unlikely to be able to convert them.

I'd say you have a primary regulator and three secondaries that are usable, but the rest probably isn't.

Back