AHS Purple Haze Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewinHog

Reaction score
With crawfish season right around the corner I am planning on brewing a purple haze clone to go with the crawfish. Has anyone brewed this kit from AHS before? Also, I want to do the all grain version, but I have never done a wheat beer all grain. My understanding is that you have to raise the temp over time. I can't really do that with my 10 gallon home depot cooler. My question is could I brew this beer all grain with my mash tun or should I just go PM or extract?

Thanks! :ban:

With crawfish season right around the corner I am planning on brewing a purple haze clone to go with the crawfish. Has anyone brewed this kit from AHS before? Also, I want to do the all grain version, but I have never done a wheat beer all grain. My understanding is that you have to raise the temp over time. I can't really do that with my 10 gallon home depot cooler. My question is could I brew this beer all grain with my mash tun or should I just go PM or extract?

Thanks! :ban:

You can always do a quasi decoction for the different rests, where you'll draw out a (liquid) portion of the mash, bring it to boil, and then return it to the mash tun, thereby raising the temp. On the other hand, if the PH clone uses malted wheat, you'll be fine with a single infusion mash.

So has anyone tried this kit from AHS? Any opinions on how close it is to the real thing? I'm also interested in the AG version. Single infusion mash fine?

Back