Stamped Caps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoxBrewer

Reaction score
So my mom owns a craft store and I asked her if there was any sort of ink that would work to stamp a little something on the caps of beer bottles and she gave me this ink called Stazon, and with some little stamps I was able to pretty easily mark my beers in kind of a cool way. This is my IPA I just finished, and thought the stamp was perfect :D

PhotoMar0990621PM.jpg

Just thought it was an easy way to keep track of the different brews. Cheers!

Hey hey nice! Seems like the possibilities are endless here. Even an "IPA" stamp would be cool. Or the bottling date? Batch number? Brewery name? Fortune cookie message?

I like it!

:mug:

Hey hey nice! Seems like the possibilities are endless here. Even an "IPA" stamp would be cool. Or the bottling date? Batch number? Brewery name? Fortune cookie message?

I like it!

:mug:

I haven't yet looked into getting custom stamps made up, but I'm sure it's possible! Just keeping it simple, ya know! :)

Yeah the Stazon ink is similar to what Sharpie ink is. It definitely can't rub off!

I don't want to advertise for another company, so thats not what I'm doing... But, I just had 125 custom printed bottle caps made for $20 (that included shipping). It was at bottlemark dot com.

That aside, the stamp is a good and simple idea which makes it very practical.

sharpie ink comes off easily with 70% ethanol...fyi

Well yeah, but I don't know why for a homebrew you'd need something more durable than a sharpie. I've seen a handful of guys on here who just write a letter on the cap to keep track of which brew is which. This is just a little nicer and a time saver. If you are taking alcohol to the cap, you WANTED it to come off haha!

I don't want to advertise for another company, so thats not what I'm doing... But, I just had 125 custom printed bottle caps made for $20 (that included shipping). It was at bottlemark dot com.

That aside, the stamp is a good and simple idea which makes it very practical.
FYI

I have ordered from them caps with two designs. The simple silhouette design came out great but the more intricate picture design came out with very poor quality.

IMG-20140422-WA0014.jpg

Back