Great American Boycott?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ultraplop said:
I don't doubt it. Man thats some messed up shiznit.

When my daughter was born I couldn't believe the bills. They were so confusing it's ridiculous. There's no reason they can't be clear - every other business issues understandable receipts. They just want you to be so confused that you don't dispute it.

A guy I work with keeps getting bills for something his insurance paid about a year ago. He calls the hospital, they say "oops" and removed it. A month or two later he gets the same bill again. Other people around here have experienced the same thing and just paid it because they were afraid of ruining their credit history.

If it's this widespread the state attorney general should look into it.

Lounge Lizard said:
Wow, a semi-political thread without a bunch of emotional craziness. Unlike the smoking debate thread, this one is a pleasure to read.
That's because I'm keeping my mouth shut.....:mad:
and that's all I'm going to say.

ultraplop said:
I don't doubt it. Man thats some messed up shiznit.

I think if it was any other magazine then Consumer Report I would have brushed it aside. The person writing the article was so angered she started a non profit organization to investigate hospital bills. On thier bills....things like... her husband was changed for birthing procudures. Umm.... there was this line that they could not figure out.... it was for a lot of money though (forgot how much), when they finally sat down with someone and forced an answer out they found out that it meant Klenex.....bathroom tissue!

I really did not meant to through off the thread discussion... could be moved to another thread if there is an interest. With all the pointing of hospital bill problems to ill-legals I had just wanted to point out that even us "Legals" are having so many problems with hospitals that you just dont know what to do about it.

Back