IT'S SATURDAY: What ya brewin'?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday I did my first all-grain, Edworts haus pale ale. went great, looks great sitting in the carboy this morning. Also had my uncle come over and brew a PM oatmeal chocolate stout. after that I bottled Apfelwein, and kegged my last extract beer a american lager for my dad. Both tasted great coming out of the carboy. The apfelwein was awesome after aging in the secondary for 4 months, and the lager tasted very clean after 5 weeks in the carboy with almost no sulfur smell (still gunna lager it for 3 weeks in keg.) overall the best brewday I've ever had!

I did a Bo-pils for my first brew and following that mashed a American Pils. Made for a long day, but it was broken up by Chupacabras dropping in to share a brew and shoot the breeze. I did manage to make onion pickles after that.

Today is winemaking day and the drinking of only the finest of brews, my own.

I had me a busy day yesterday. I soaked and cleaned a case of bottles, bottled up a botch of porter, racked a belgian wit, and bewed an IPA. I started at noon. took a 1hr nap around 5, and finished by midnight.

Also a wedding. Scopttish 60 goes on hold yet again.

:off:Side note on that, Anyone know the meaning for the "60/-" and "80/-" like what does it stand for? I understand it represent the strength of the beer, but does the "/-" mean anything?

Back