High attenuation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndrwHock

Reaction score
Hey guys, moving my Irish red (kinda brown... extract) to secondary and it smells great, but it attenuated a lot more than I thought it would. Expected FG was 1.013 from 1.050, but my beer is currently at 1.007 (all at 60 degrees or properly adjusted). I was using Munton's standard yeast, so I was actually expecting it not to make it that far.

Do you think that this will turn out too dry for its style?

Also, I tasted a sample, and it tasted good for a green beer, but a bit tangy. It wasn't exactly sour, and smells great, so its not at all infected, but have you ever had a tang, maybe zesty type of flavor in your beer before bottling? Will it go away? In the meantime, I'll RDWHAHB.

Thanks for replies, y'all rule.

You should count your blessings that you are allowed to drink. Or I will stab you.

sorry i am a little edgy- 90 days without a beer or good food.

Well, Mike is a little edgy today! :D

That funny flavor is probably just "green" beer and will improve with time. It is dry, but it should still taste good.

I hear you, Mike. At least when I was on the sub for months, no one was shooting at me. Hang in there.

Back