First Bottling Experience

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Higgy1981

Reaction score
I just bottled my first batch of all grain ( also my first batch ever). Just a quick question. It needs to condition in the bottle for a couple of weeks but it tasted quite sweet. Should this go away as it conditions?

did you taste it after adding the priming sugar? was it at a stable FG before you added sugar? and yeah, generally 3 weeks at 70 degrees to condition, after that give 'em 3 or 4 days in the fridge so the co2 better dissolves into solution.

If it tasted sweet, it may not have been done. What were your gravity readings. Bottling a beer before it is finished is a sure way to end up with bottle bombs.

unfortunately my kit did not come with expected gravity readings or a hydrometer so I am kind of flying by the seat of my pants. I followed the instructions to a "T" and am hoping for the best. The kit is for small 1 gallon batches and I am looking forward to the next batch. I don't have much info on the recipe as it was part of the kit. If you want to check it out here is the link The Brewer's Market. All I know is that it is a wheat beer.

Latest posts

Back