StrStarter arrived today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kappclark

Reaction score
I am so pleased with the new stirplate from stirstarters.com

Nicely done and a more than reasonable price. Now those starters will be even bigger..

You buy one from Dan, too?

Nice, ain't it? If I'd known you were getting one, we could have done the two-fer deal and saved... oh, about enough for the gas to drive up to Bratt!

Methinks there will be decidedly fewer DIY-stirplate threads in the future...

I got mine a few weeks ago, and I've already used it three or four times. I love it! It's quiet, which surprised me. I thought it would make more noise than it does. I mean, there's a lot of stirring going on in there!

The keeper magnet works great, but I have to admit that I forgot the first time and the stir bar got tossed in with the yeast. At least I remember now!

I just used mine for the first time, and I am very happy with it. It took a while to dial it in to the fastest speed it would take without throwing the stir bar, but so goes the learning curve. I even remembered to grab the stir bar with the keeper magnet before pitching into the fermenter, lol.

Just orded on myself too, after making one at home from a old computer HD. it still wasn't right. After reading for hours I said what the heck and just clicked a button. I think the price is great and it's cool he puts all the DIY info on his sight as well.

Just did my first starter on my new stir plate last night (I got the stirplate.com model). It had krausen this morning, hopefully it's done by tonight so it'll be all settled by Saturday. I might have done a it day too early but wanted to play it safe for this first one.

I just ordered mine from stirplates.com yesterday, and though it says he's out of stock until the end of the month, I am really looking forward to moving to the next phase of my brewing - harvesting yeast from commercial brews!

Back