paintball gun regulator cheap keg kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekjohns

Reaction score
I have been playing paintball for several years and have accumulated several paintball gun C02 regulators. These are designed to hold PSI pressures up to 200 psi easily! do you think it would be possible to use lets say hook up 2 in a row to hold a constant pressure for a keg? They do have gauges on them so I could set it to the needed PSI easily. What are your thoughts on this?

I also played for several years. They are meant for High pressure regulation. Might not be real accurate at low PSI. I have thought about using a LP Reg off my higher end guns...You'd need some fittings to adapt. In the end it's faster/cheap/simpler to get the right reg. IMO

I Notice you're from Ohio. Where did you play and what part of Ohio you from? I played some rec ball in Waverly and played college ball for Ohio University.

it may work, can you ge it down to around 8psi
lot of people my self included have adaptors that let use hook a standerd co2 regulator to a paint ball tank , for draft beer on the go ;)

anyone know of a cheap place to get a regulator? best ive seen has been like $50 on ebay. Im looking to build a mini kegerator cheap as possible being a poor grad student =(

I play at this x-ball feild in this dudes front yard near columbus (OSU student) played with the OU players before too. I went to ISU and was their coach the year they won nationals, so you might have seen me around

He's not using a Paintball CO2 Tank. He's wanting to use a Paintball Regulator. The one that turns the 800psi coming from the tank down to (usually 220 ? been a while since I used a HP gun) for a low end mechanical gun.

Back