I am a Homebrewer [video] Release

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome video....

....until the part about adjuncts.

Even back in 2009 it was well understood that corn was not only used to cut the protein of 6-row barley but that also cost per pound corn was was more expensive than barley. It took a German, and some serious brewing knowledge and innovation, to figure out the use of corn.

Honestly, what is the difference between corn, rice, oats, and wheat... ...or even peppers, anyways? And why can Belgium, France, and some English brewers get away with sugar additions but somehow innovative techniques such as use of corn are frowned upon? Like it or not corn and rice adjuncts are a part of our American brewing history. And was not Coors the first American commercial brewer to make use of Cascade hops? What is next, slagging on Nigeria for their almost, if not total, exclusive use of sorghum?

Like Cluster hops, dogging on anything that is "American" is chic yet cliche. Don't hate the ingredients; celebrate our brewing history. It is logical to make use of indigenous ingredients.

Right, a new one shouldn't be too similar, don't want comparisons. So, not a sequel. Something entirely different. Not sure what. Thoughts?
How about one where we talk about our love for Cluster hops, corn adjunct, step mashing/cereal mashing/decoctions, domestic malts, no quick-chill chills, stove top brewing, 3 gallon or less brewing, not-having a RIMS/HERMs brewing, the anti-pragmatic home brewers, and so on.

It can be called "Most Hated Homebrewers".

Uh, on second thought I think this would be a one man show :(

The part about not putting corn in our beer was not my favorite part, but I think the writer added it to add some criticism of the big brewers). The script was not written by committee. We got it and we all just read our lines.

(I put corn in my beer sometimes - ssshhh).

I pert cern in my beer. Got 'er from right here just ta udder day.

IMG_0263.JPG

I haven't used corn yet. Just got up the nerve to use rice. I made Budweiser. 8%, peppery, lemony, cloudy Budweiser.

The rice and corn came to be included because of the I Am a Craft Brewer video which this is a pastiche of... It was a way to thumb the nose at the macro juggernauts where that was/is by and large their entire M.O.

Everytime I re-watch this video, it gives me a sense of pride & purpose. It would've been cool to have gotten in on it. Perhaps in the future...:rockin:

hell, I'll put snail shells and excessive cursing into my brews if i feel it makes a better beer.... we all have different tastes.... Were in it for the same goal. Lets make some great beers. Cheers fakkers!

Back