Lancaster PA Club

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brauhaus

Reaction score
I ran a quick search and saw that there is such a group, but the site was down... just curious if anyone here is in that lancasterbrewers.com club or if there was another club of locals are that is willing to take in a new member?

Hmm... Interesting. I'm currently dating a girl in Lancaster and spend a lot of time there. I plan on moving there (Manheim/Lititz area) in the near future (spring). I'd also be interested to see what comes of this search...

If the group is defunct, start another! :)

Their website worked for me. Found this at the top of the page:

Homebrewers and beer aficianados in general. We meet the last Wednesday of the month at 7:00 at Lancaster Brewing Company on the corner of Walnut and Plum, Lancaster, PA. Come and Join us. New members are always welcome.

Might be worth checking out?

I'm a member there. It's a pretty good bunch of folks. We meet at the Lancaster Brewing Co., downstairs amongst the fermenters. The meeting for this month is a week early(tomorrow) due to Christmas.

Evets said:
I'm a member there. It's a pretty good bunch of folks. We meet at the Lancaster Brewing Co., downstairs amongst the fermenters. The meeting for this month is a week early(tomorrow) due to Christmas.

thanks for the PM and invite! I just might have to stop on by :D:rockin: if not, it's def on my goal "to do list" for the new year!

I live in Elizabethtown and would definitely be interested in coming to a meeting and joining! Ive only brewed 2 batches so for but its only been a month since I started :(

I live in Panama City, FL but lancaster PA is part of my bread and butter being a boilermaker we do the boiler work at big trash burner up there. I probaly spend 2 months out of the year in that area spread out a few weeks at a time. We stay at the Park Plaza hotel up there. I would love to meet up with your club while im up there sometime.

I live in Panama City, FL but lancaster PA is part of my bread and butter being a boilermaker we do the boiler work at big trash burner up there. I probaly spend 2 months out of the year in that area spread out a few weeks at a time. We stay at the Park Plaza hotel up there. I would love to meet up with your club while im up there sometime.
Let me know next time you're up here. Meetings are the last Wed of the month.

i think we have a scheduled outage thats 3 weeks long starting Sept. 15, so I should be able to come hang out with yall the last wed. of that month.

I am the current President- Matt Ney. I am just getting back to HBT and I am glad to see the interest in our Club. We had a Blind Pale Ale tasting last night and Look for a competition OCT 18 in conjunction w/ Iron Hill Lancaster.

Hi Matt,

Sorry I couldn't make it last night- I had every hope to, but got stuck putting out a fire with work. Sigh.

What's the scoop on the competition?

It is called the Lancaster County Brewers Showdown - basically any style you like. It is happening 18 October and deadline for entries will be October 11th.

It is called the Lancaster County Brewers Showdown - basically any style you like. It is happening 18 October and deadline for entries will be October 11th.

.... and? Where do we take the beers? Iron Hill? What happens day of the event? Any other details?

So you dont enter based on style, you just enter any beer?
This will be an AHA sanctioned comp so enter your beers based on the BJCP guidelines. This is the 1st comp like this for the club and Dave Houseman will be helping with the event. Dave is a Grand Master Judge and as you might know him from his regular column in Zymurgy magazine with the Commercial Calibrations featured in each issue.

Exactly - as Warrior said it is per BJCP Style guidelines. More info will follow but the drop off pts designated are Iron Hill Lancaster and Keystone Homebrew. I meant that there aren't style restrictions as in "no mead or cider allowed, brown ale and porter only..."

I am curious about one thing- why was Keystone chosen as the drop-off location? Seems terribly out of the way for a LanCo competition.

I am curious about one thing- why was Keystone chosen as the drop-off location? Seems terribly out of the way for a LanCo competition.
Keystone was probably picked to allow for some brewers from that area to enter the comp and drop off at a close by location. Any brewer is welcome to enter their beers no matter where they are from. Slate do you have a mail in location for entries?

Hi everyone, one hundred percent new to brewing (still waiting for the kit to arrive) but not new to drinking beer. I am in Lancaster and look forward to meeting you at the next meeting. I have registered at the Lancaster Brewers website, but I need to spend some more time figuring out the message board.

See you next Wednesday!:fro:

Hi everyone, one hundred percent new to brewing (still waiting for the kit to arrive) but not new to drinking beer. I am in Lancaster and look forward to meeting you at the next meeting. I have registered at the Lancaster Brewers website, but I need to spend some more time figuring out the message board.

See you next Wednesday!:fro:
Actually the meeting was last night. There is a brew day this Sat just outside of Columbia off Rt 30 at the Prospect Exit. Would be a good way to see several different brewers making beer.

I might be able to steal away for a couple hours- if only to finally meet you and some of the other members. PM me with the address. :mug:

I'll be there as well. Looking forward to meeting some new folks. All the old ones are sick of me already.:D.... Just kidding :).... I think:confused:....I hope:(

I'll be there as well. Looking forward to meeting some new folks. All the old ones are sick of me already.:D.... Just kidding :).... I think:confused:....I hope:(
How the hell could we be sick of you already? That statement might apply more to me.

Well, I'm originally from the Lebanon area, living in Baltimore - if you happen to be stopping a few hours before/after a flight and would like to drink some beers - send me a message.

I may try to run up to Lancaster Brewing because it's only about an hour from my folks - but if you're going to be in B-more, let me know!

Will you guys be meeting on Nov 26? I'll be in the area for Thanksgiving, and I just might be able to make it over to Lancaster Brewing Co that night.
Yes we do have a meeting that night. Would look forward to meeting you Yuri.

Latest posts

Back