Bottling to early?!? Flat beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulBarrett32

Reaction score
I made my first batch of beer about 3 weeks ago, ( excited) I started to bottle them well I got them all bottled up and tossed them in the fridge! My wife told me a little while ago says to me, I think you got a little to excited for your beer you were suppose to let it set at room temp before refrigeration! Did I make a big mistake??? Or is my beer just going to be flat?

image-2836693412.jpg

Pull them out, turn them upside down a few times and store them at 70-75 for a few weeks. You should be fine.

Get them out of the fridge, in about a week, shake each of them up to re-suspend the yeast, and check on them another 2 weeks after that. 3 weeks at 70 degrees is the minimum most beers need to cab up....

PaulBarrett32 said:
Even after being in there for a night??

Yep, move them to a warm area and re-suspend the yeast you dropped out by cold crashing.

Thank goodness for her on this one! Your little buddies will be fine, I had a scare a while back, my conditioning spot is in my garage that has a heater. Well, the heater went out and I didn't go in there for a couple days. Fixed the heater and my bottles carb'd just fine.

Back