Anyone brewing this Turkey week?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got an English Pale Ale in the Primary, which I brewed this past saturday, My first all-grain batch. I plan to do another batch of Pale Ale this Weekend, as well as a German Hefeweizen. Gotta love extra time off around the holiday!!

I got a hydrometer reading on my wife's summer ale clone. Just wish I hadn't forgotten the Grains of Paradise when I researched the recipe. But,it's holding steady at FG 1.011,temp corrected.
I've got a hair over 2C of water heating up on the stove for the dextrose & lemon crystal (crystallized juice). We're going to try adding the lemon flavor this way after much deliberation on how the lemon was added.
That'll be our 2nd batch ready for Christmas.

My last massive brew day for X-mas. Yes I have enough time...

I am brewing up:

"Golden" ale (almost all the ingredients have the word "gold" in the name), Gingerbread ale and a Wheat Whisky winter warmer.

I will be brewing on Sunday more than likely since I will be working, feasting or hunting.

I definitely have plans to brew either Friday or Saturday (or Sunday for that matter). Just not sure what style and recipe. I do like the idea of a Black Friday IPA, since I've been wanted to do a CDA for a while now.

Its either that or I may just brew up a Haus Blonde that I havent done in a while. Im going to wait a few more weeks to do a lager, the weather still fluctuates a bit too much here.

Besides beer brewing, I have a Great Lakes Xmas clone I will be bottling/kegging, and also about 32 gallons of wine/cider in different stages that needs to be processed for Christmas gifts/January Wedding favors.

Also have a few more cornies that I need to break down/inspect/clean/replace orings.

I am definitely planning to play catchup in the brewing department this weekend. Its been neglected since I've been spending most of my time building us a new platform storage bed...

Transferred a bath of Pumpkin Ale to a secondary last night, and am planning to build the kegerator conversion for my chest freezer this week over the holiday. Since that will give me room for 3-4 kegs in the future I might start another batch this weekend, but I need to focus on getting the cooler done. And building cabinets to go with it. And installing a sink to wash glasses. Sigh... the next batch might have to wait.

Bath of pumpkin ale? Sounds delicious, yet sticky. :cross:

Double header planned for either Friday or Saturday - as long as the FedEx truck shows up soon. A blonde for my wife, and a red for me.

If I have fermenter space, I may toss together a batch of Apfelwein as well - just because.

plan to do a winter warmer either tues or wed. Also rack chocolate stout onto some PB2.

Will probably do NB's Surley Bender AG kit on Friday or Saturday, first time brewing in almost a month I'm pretty excited.

Ginger Witbier, plus I'm bringing spiced apple ale to the big dinner.

Fermenting: Razor Wit
Bottling: Matanuska Wildberry
Drinking: As American As... Ale

rocketk455 said:
Will probably do NB's Surley Bender AG kit on Friday or Saturday, first time brewing in almost a month I'm pretty excited.

Let me know how that turns out.
I'm tempted to brew that one on new years day. The description at NB sounds awesome.

Just finished showing my wife how to bottle her summer ale clone about 20 minutes ago. We got only 55 bottles. I guess when I guesstimated how much 6G was in a BB ale pale,I was off about 1/2G. Lost about a quart to trub plugging that dang barrel tap. I'm swapping it out for the Italian one. More beer,less trub.
But she learned really quick on using the bottle wand. I almost couldn't keep up capping. Cool too that we knocked off at least 30 minutes!!.:ban:

Deep frying a turkey and probably brewing a saison. My Christmas Ale should be well carbed by then so I'll have to sample a few.

Brewed an IPA with belgian yeast Saturday. That sucker is rocking- should finish up pretty quickly. I'd like to rack that over to secondary/dry hop ASAP and brew my first AG BIAB style, a cascade APA but I have no idea where I'm going to cram it in. Can't brew without SWMBO, and she's working weird hours all week. May be a very late brew day on Saturday.

As I sit here sipping another glass of EdWort's Apfelwein, I have decided that I have to make another batch of this stuff this week in addition to my Kolsch.

I'm doing 10 gallons of BM's cream ale and 5 gallons of a maple pecan nut brown on Wednesday. May make another 5 gallons of hard cider too.

Just finished up a chocolate java stout in the garage (w/the door open) with a nasty rain storm coming down. Took forever to hit boiling today. But everything turned out OK other than just getting cold and wet.

Looking forward to turkey day when I can offer my guests an Irish Red Ale, a Cream Stout and a nice Copper Ale.

I was either going to brew today or tomorrow depending on how my business went. It went, so I could take care of this a bit early.

We bottled my wife's summer ale clone yesterday. So I'm cleaning the FV,bottling bucket,etc today. It'll be the beginning of December before we get more stuff to brew again. But we do have 2 batches of ale at a total of 118 bottles for Christmas. So we at least got that one covered.

If I can get the brass gas part to make a brewery repair I'll be brewing the Westy 12 clone I have been telling myself I'd brew for the last decade.

I'm giving my son and his friends their first brewing lesson Friday. Ten gallons of Pale Ale. Think I'll forgo the drill and let them hand crank out 24lbs on the barley crusher. ;)

Debating on whether or not to try making a quick winter holiday beer the weekend after Thanksgiving.

Well, I want spent grain bread for T-giving, so I'm doing a Simcoe/Maris Otter SMASH Wed. Oh crap, that's tomorrow!

Going to do some sort of vanilla bourbon porter this weekend. Usually not a huge porter fan, and have never brewed one, but after having the ESP at Elk Head Brewing in Buckley going to give one a go

I'm doing my first two all grain brews over Thanksgiving. An Alpha King Pale Ale clone that I converted from an extract recipe that I really liked making and attempting an Alagash White

I'm doing my Northern Brewer Chinook IPA all grain kit on Turkey Day. My second all grain. The first one went fine. "knocking on wood" Wish me luck.

Back