keg price

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jp1316

Reaction score
So I have 2 keg shells that I was going to convert into keggles but instead I ended up getting a good deal on 20 gal ss pots. I bought all the stuff to turn them into keggles but was wondering if its worth it just to sell them without modification. So what is a fair price for just the keg shell? What is a fair price if I just cut the tops off? And finally, what is a fair price if I cut the tops off and drill a 1/2" hole for weldless ball valve?

I paid $30.oo for one uncut keg. but I also paid $20.oo for my second uncut keg. think if you cut the top off you may get a little more,but some peeps are looking for kegs to serve from. are they in good shape? how long has the little bit of beer that is always left in them been in their? I would cut the top out of the worst one and sale as a keggle. got any buddys who want to start brewing?

you should keep the best one for later when you want to start kegging..oh yes it will happen.

You might search around craigslist to find what they go for in your area.

I'm in San Diego, kegs go anywhere from free but are mostly priced at $40.

We have a guy in town that sells keggles for $95. We also have this guy trying to sell a plasma cut keggle for $220 Converted Keg Homebrew Kettle

If you've got the equipment to cut it, it might be worth the extra $50 or $60 to sell it as a keggle.

I recently bought a cut keg with a hole drilled for $30 from a fellow HBT member (Thanks BarnabyHooge!!). Great deal because he changed his plans and wanted to help a fellow brewer out. I know this is not the norm, but just another example of the variation in prices.

$30 is what I was thinking they were worth uncut and around $80 cut with or without the ball valve hole; so seems like it would probably be worth it. thanks for your guys input.

Back