Dogfish Head

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayMckeever

Reaction score
They have a couple new brews out that I'd love to try.

Black & Blue
Availability: Limited - 750 ml bottles

Release Date: April 2007

New in 2007!

A belgian-style Strong ale fermented with blackberries and blueberries.

10% abv

Red & White
Availability: Limited - 750 ml bottles

Release Date: February 2007

New in 2007!

A big, belgian-style Wit brewed with coriander and orange peel and fermented with Pinot Noir juice. After fermentation a fraction of the batch is aged in Oregon Pinot Noir barrels, and another fraction is aged on oak staves. The beer is blended together before packaging.

This has been one of our most popular Limited Edition beers at both our Rehoboth Beach, DE brewpub and at festivals. It successfully marries the refreshing citrusy qualities of a Belgian-style white beer with the robust complexity of a bold red wine.

10% abv

My parents live in Lewes, DE, right next door. I've been to the Rehoboth Beach brew pub several times. The beers are always great. I'm anxious to try all of these myself.

I got a chance to go to a Dogfish Head Extreme Beer Dinner at Flagstaff Brewing!

They had their 120Minute IPA (2 years old), Olde School Barleywine(2 years Old), World Wide Stout (2 years old), Festina Lente (3 years old), Burton Baton. Each beer was paired with a course for dinner. It was fantastic!!!

Simply amazing, I've never gotten drunk on so little beer....:drunk:

Lucky..... I want to try their world wide stout as well. Supposedly, it is ranked as the 11th best beer in the world

We have the red & white in our shop. Great stuff, but lots of alcohol. Reminded me of the raison d'extra. Cool to try, but wouldn't buy any more. BTW, it's pinot extract, which kind of kills the romance for me...

As for the WW Stout, DO IT. It's mindblowing. You'll be hard up to distinguish it from liquor. Whew. Damn fine brew, that.

:rockin:

Back