Can You Brew It recipe for Lagunitas Censored Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EricCSU

Reaction score
All recipes are 6 gallons post-boil, 70% efficiency, Morey for color, 15% evaporation, 7.27 gallons preboil, Rager IBU, and most hops are in grams not ounces. Most, if not all recipes are primary only (no secondary).

If you brew this, please reply with your results.

OG 1063
FG 1017
SRM 12.9
35.1 IBUs (increased from recipe from Jamil's perception of the beer).

WLP002 or Wyeast 1968

11.82 lbs US 2-row
1.27 lbs wheat malt
1.58 lbs munich
1.03 lbs crystal 60
30g roasted barley

27g Williamette 4.6%AA at 60min
4.54g Horizon 12%AA at 60min
16g Williamete at 30min
2.3g Centennial 9%AA at 30min
4.5g Cascade 5.75%AA at 30min
9g centennial @ 0min
9g liberty @ 0min

Mash at 156F

Ferment at 66F

Jamil notes that he would increase Horizon to 6-7g at 60min if he rebrewed it.

I'm drinking this (commercial beer) on cask; it's superb on cask! The hops positively dance opposite the Munich and crystal, and the body is rich but not over the top. I was never a giant devotee of the bottle or draft. This is going into my must-brew list. Going to sub in Northern Brewer for the Horizon so I don't have to buy more hops.

Bitter is a flavor. ;)

More to the point though, I think Willy boiled for a long time has a nice delicate hardwood kinda tannic thing.

Nobody ever comes back to say that do they? heh

It came out fantastic! Huge hit with everyone who's had it. Possibly this year's favorite I'd say. There was a pretty big difference in color and mouthfeel, who knows how that went down. As for a clone, it didn't come out exact, but it still produces one awesome beer.

Back