stock pot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedyvette

Reaction score
yes i know the question gets asked alot and i'm sure alot of ou are tired of hearing about it.but i was wondering if this one would make a good pot

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000O3LLGK/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

i was thinking that with the spigot it would be alright and be easier to move the wort from the pot to carboy after it's cooled.thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Didja read the reviews on Amazon? None of the three people there who took time to write a review seemed to like it. Two of them had dents, two of them had leaky spigots. Sounds like a disaster of a product to me.

Plus, at just 7.5 gallons, it's tight for a 5 gallon batch. You want an 8+ gallon pot (32qts) minimum as your brew kettle, otherwise you're spending $ for fermcap (anti-foam drops) in every batch.

actually no i didn't read the reviw till after you pointed that out.thanks for pointing that out you just saved me 70 bucks i owe you one

Back