SWMBO's Boss is a Home Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neomich

Reaction score
Dr. SWMBO recently took a job at a pharmaceutical company. Turns out her boss is a Dr. homebrewer and really enjoys it. He gave her a sixer of his stuff for me to try. It's good, just a little young like he thought so I've got it up in the pantry aging till it's good and ready.

I'll give swmbo some of mine to take back with her when she comes down this weekend to visit. I have no idea if he's ever tried Apfelwein but if not, he's in for a treat. I've had a batch of AW in secondary for about 6 months now.

I've been busy the last 4-5 months and thought I'd share some good news with the board. Things are looking up!

That's cool. The only other places I run into homebrewers in at the LHBS or here on HBT! I have only met one other homebrewer outside of those circles since I have started.

I've met a few, but I do travel a bit for work. SWMBO's brother is a homebrewer along with his buddy and a few others.

I'm not geographicall close enough to really hang out with them, but it's nice to have something in common.

I found out a bunch of people at work do it, and after we all got talking - a few others started doing it once they heard we did it.

I think there's 7 of us in my office that brew. Was 9 of us at one point...

I moved offices a month ago, turns out i sit right next to another homebrewer. ITs great to turn around and talk homebrew to make the day go by. HIS beers are awsome and he knows alot its perfect.

I find that a lot of scientists (myself included) are homebrewers, there are like 10 people in my department that brew, although Boulder might be an anomaly.

ColoradoXJ13 said:
I find that a lot of scientists (myself included) are homebrewers, there are like 10 people in my department that brew, although Boulder might be an anomaly.

Now that you mention that, it sounds reasonable. SWMBO's company makes drugs and other products so making beer at home probably seems rather simple.

More and more people in my building are looking into brewing or have brewed before and are getting back into it. Still, I talk to you guys/gals on this forum alot more because most of you are pretty cool.

In our company of 50 I know of atleast 5 or 6 that have brewed or do brew. Several I have found out they brew after I started last year. Two project managers I've worked for are brewers. I've also come to find out that two of my brother-in-laws used to brew.
I think once my brother finishes building his house I can get him started brewing. He keeps saying that my beers are much better than commercial beers, even if I don't agree with him.
It appears to be much more common than I thought before I started.

Craig

Back