First brew recipe???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd recommend picking up a True Brew kit, or some other kit, from your local homebrew store. They should have a decent beer selection, so choose what you like to drink. They come with directions that are easy to follow.

I agree about starting with a kit, like TB or Brewer's Best.

The question is; What kind of beer do you like to drink? IPA's, Stouts, Wits, Amber Ales? That will dictate what style you choose for your first beer...

I started with the Cincinnatti Pale Ale from John Palmer's web site (howtobrew.com). All extract, dry yeast, easy as pie, and tasty. Turned out great.

I would suggest a hefeweizen or a stout depending on if you like light or dark beers. Both are pretty quick beers that taste good without aging. Trust me, being your first batch, you will be dying to drink it as soon as possible.

My first kit (should be done in one more week) was Brewer's Best Weizenbier. I picked it because there was no secondary required. So I don't have to wait to long for my first batch. The $25 cost isn't bad either.

Back