Substitute 100% white grape juice for concentrate?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yaeyama

Reaction score
Hello:

A recipe requires a litre of white grape concentrate, but I can't seem to find any in my area. I assume it would be possible to use 100% grape juice instead? If so, what would the quantity needed be? For example, 1 litre of concentrate + 8 litres of water would become something like 2 litres of grape juice + 7 litres of water?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

BTW this is for peach wine, and the peaches are about to be shipped so this is kind of an emergency. :eek:

Where are you located? White grape juice concentrate is usually readily available right next to red grape juice concentrate in your grocery freezer. Welches red grape juice is Concord grapes and white is usually Niagara. It is probably also available as a reconstituted juice in the juice isle. If the recipe calls for added water you may be able to substitute the juice for the concentrate and water.

Craig

I made a peach wine out of 100% Welch's peach juice concentrate and it turned out just fine. Instead of three cans of water like the instructions say, I used two cans of water. I didn't think about using un-concentrated peach juice as a substitute for water, I will do that for my next batch.

Back