Christmas lists

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matty22

Reaction score
So what brewing related gear is going to be on your Christmas list?

I think mine will include a new turkey fryer setup and the supplies for a DIY mash tun.

The wife and I are taking a trip to Colorado to tour a bunch of breweries with friends that live out there so that's going to be our XXX-mas presents to each other.

I don't celebrate the holiday itself, but I may purchase another fridge for temperature controlled fermentation.

I tried pH strips again this past weekend and got a big fat NOTHING to show up.

So I told my young one I want a digital pH meter for Christmas. She's already told the wife.

Mash pH? Strips don't work too well in my experience, as it doesn't have the accuracy you need. Digital meters are awesome and cheap.

all I want is for everyone's beers to turn out great; no off flavors, dumpers, gushers or bombs.

I want a valve and thermometer for my megapot, debating a sight glass. I also want a refractometer with gravity not just brix and a digital therometer. I think I will probably order all these things from Bobby M. I'm hoping too for the Oxford Companion to Beer and a book on growing your own hops.

Mash pH? Strips don't work too well in my experience, as it doesn't have the accuracy you need. Digital meters are awesome and cheap.

Can you recommend a good one? I've been looking around online, but the only ones I'm seeing with good reviews are super expensive.

Not sure what I'll ask for. I've got pretty much everything I need/what short of making the jump to an electric system, and that's waaaaaay too big for a Christmas present. The only two things I can think of are a sight glass and a refractometer that compensates for temperature and has SG (mine is brix only and doesn't compensate).

Can you recommend a good one? I've been looking around online, but the only ones I'm seeing with good reviews are super expensive.

Not sure what I'll ask for. I've got pretty much everything I need/what short of making the jump to an electric system, and that's waaaaaay too big for a Christmas present. The only two things I can think of are a sight glass and a refractometer that compensates for temperature and has SG (mine is brix only and doesn't compensate).
Our own Braukaiser has a good guide on what to look for, many of the cheaper meters have extremely expensive probe replacement costs. If you spring for a nicer meter the probes conversely seem to be cheaper, and you will eventually have to replace the probe no matter how carefully you store it.
http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=PH_Meter_Buying_Guide

Grain Mill
New digital scale
Barrel from Tuthilltown Spirits.

Grain mill was on my list but a quick call to the parents about homebrewfinds.com took care of that.

Refractometer, Grain Mill, several 1/4 bbl slim sankes, one 1/2 bbl sanke, march pump, more cornies, another perlick, plate chiller, and a blichmann floor burner with leg extensions. My guess is that I'm out of luck for most of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bigger kettle(15 gal) and hopefully a nice burner, going to start BIAB when i get home.

FireBrew63 said:
I could use another conical Santa and some grains, I've been a gooood brewer this year.

Another??!?!?? You will get coal for your greed! Kidding, I'm jealous

Most definitely kegging equipment. Hoping to find 4 kegs with all hoses and co2 tanks.

3 new Blichmann 30 gallon kettles so I can start doing 20 gallon batches.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

refractometer, O2 system, finishing hydrometer. Can't really think of anything else (though I'm trying, that's the extent of my list at the moment)

Grain mill.

And a brewpot from Stout Brewing Equipment.

Oh, and either a house with wiring that will handle electric brewing, or a propane burner.

A chest freezer and kegging equipment. I made the jump to all-grain but now I need a kegerator. A plate chiller would be nice too.

Kegging quipment is #1 on the list. Then maybe a pH meter.

Latest posts

Back