hello from the fort

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earlytimes

Reaction score
Well, for my 100th post, I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm from the lesser of the two Fort W's - Fort Wayne. Indiana, that is. Whenever I tell someone I'm from Fort Wayne, 75% of the time the person responds something along the lines of: "oh, how do you like Texas?" And I'm always like: "You're thinking of Fort Worth. Fort Wayne is in Indiana." And then a awkward silence ensues... Anyway, I like Fort Wayne - It's a big city with a small town feel.

My wife got me a homebrew kit for my birthday this year, which I was totally stoked about. It took me a month to brew my first batch, but since the end of Feb., I've got 12 under my belt already. This is possibly the greatest hobby that ever existed.:rockin:

Welcome to HBT! :mug:
12 batches already? Yep, you are hooked! So when are you getting your all grain equipment? :D

heh, yeah. I soon realized that you never have enough equipment. It's on the wish-list though. The only problem is having enough time to brew all grain. I'm figuring extracts through the summer, moving on to partial mashes in the fall and getting some all grain equipment for Christmas. And then maybe some kegging equipment for my next b-day?

You guys are great. Thanks for all the help!:mug:

Welcome earlytimes! I'm from the "Fort" as well. Went from extract to all-grain and kegging in about 2 months!!! It's definitely a great hobby. There are several other Fort Wayne members that hang out here as well.:mug:

Back