Citra Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay1

Reaction score
Where can I get some Citra hops?

I just brewed an all Citra hop IPA that turned out really good. 1.080 SG, 1.019 FG and a total of 8oz. of Citra hops.

My girlfriend is the one who ordered the hops in the first place and she can't remember where. I really want to brew this again using the same recipe with different techniques so I can appreciate the different results.

Check your LHBS. The two around me almost always have a least a small supply. I believe hopsbythepound.com had whole citra available when I checked a few days ago.

I was just at Brewmasters Warehouse yesterday and they has a few ounces in the cooler. You could order online from them.

Leaf is still floating around at several of the HBT sponsors,.. and some other sites I've seen. Pellets are a little more tricky to find though unless you're willing to shell out a bunch of cash.

Where can I get some Citra hops?

I just brewed an all Citra hop IPA that turned out really good. 1.080 SG, 1.019 FG and a total of 8oz. of Citra hops.

My girlfriend is the one who ordered the hops in the first place and she can't remember where. I really want to brew this again using the same recipe with different techniques so I can appreciate the different results.

The next time you brew this try bittering with something else other than Citra. I think homebrewers and craft breweries are contributing to the shortage when they bitter with Citra when they could use something else.

Leaf is still floating around at several of the HBT sponsors,.. and some other sites I've seen. Pellets are a little more tricky to find though unless you're willing to shell out a bunch of cash.

I just paid 32usd for a pound shipped for pellets. :eek:

dmckean44 said:
The next time you brew this try bittering with something else other than Citra. I think homebrewers and craft breweries are contributing to the shortage when they bitter with Citra when they could use something else.

Then it wouldn't be a all citra ipa...
I love using citra fwh...why?
Cause I can...
Hop shortage or not, citra will always be hard to find...except in my freezer :)
Igotsand

If there is no demand, nobody will raise Citra. If they always sell out, somebody will plant more, but there will be a shortage for a while. Go ahead and create the demand.

You like that Citra a little or what? I got a # last fall, maybe half of it left. At that price I'll make it last till Fall 2012.

Yep. My mistake on starting to buy bulk is timing. As far as hops go, I'm kind of stuck paying more for awhile unless I find a good deal

I think the shortage is because it's relatively new and their is some hype around it. A lady at my LHBS thinks there is some conspiracy theory on why they are hard to get, supply and demand.

As far as hops go the character is truly unique.

Thanks for the info!:mug:

Cascade has worked well for me early in the boil, then some Citra throughout the boil and then BAM 3oz dryhop in the secondary.

Back