How much flat beer have you drank?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anastasis

Reaction score
Kegged a batch of a rye ale tonight and had about a half gallon left in the fermenter after filling up the corny. Filled up a big jar and have pulling pints off since I finished. I ain't throwing that **** away, so instead I am sitting here with a pleasant buzz off flat beer. I guess I should have planned better and had a few bottles ready to go, but this isnt that bad of an outcome. Best flat beer I've ever had.

I've drank probably 6 pitchers or so from batches where I was too lazy to sanitize more bottles and the time of day permitted it. Don't forget that you can also just throw it into a plastic container in your fridge and use it as a cooking sauce (beer becomes flat after you cook it right?).

is it possible to leave it in the carboy and then top off the keg after you have drained a little off

I bottled my IPA this morning. I had a few sips of the flat beer but I'm not one for drinking before noon.

Either way, the beer tasted kind of off and I figured it needed a few weeks in a bottle.

I've had an entire batch of big foot clone come out flat. It was my third batch of beer and I had no idea what I was doing. I didn't prepare the yeast right and didn't pitch enough of it. It crapped out way before it had reached final gravity and didn't make it in the bottle. Had 5 gallons of flat barleywine. I honestly had 2 or 3 bottles since it was expensive to brew, but I decided to throw it out. Flat beer sucks.

Well, it's about to be a case and a half more...the beer I underprimed is carbed enough to kind appear as though I meant to give it "light, delicate carbonation." So, not 'flat' per se, just almost.

2 Hyrdrometer readings per patch, plus a quarter to half a bottle at bottling day. I try to minimize my losses as much as possible.

Back