Couture Vs. Lesnar this saturday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's going to be interesting, that's for sure.

Lesnar powered through any attempt at a submission that Herring made and Herring is not a pushover.

Line right now is 50/50.

On paper brock should win. Man, you just can't count out Randy Cotoure tho. He exposes weakness and follows game plans sooooo well.

I'm kind of torn on this. I think I'd like it to go all 5 for a decision for Randy. Thus, not tarnishing the last few of his fights and still giving Brock some credibility. I'd like to see Brock do good. He appears to be an incredible athlete. So I'd like to see him have a bright future. He just needs to learn the different lifestyle compared to WWE. Should be a good fight.

Ahoy hoy,
You know, this fight isnt right. There are so many other folks that have fought for years that have far more earned the right to take randy on then Brock. This match is a combination of Zuffa smacking Randy down for being a bad boy and suing them, and Dana trying to milk the Brock Hype. I mean really, ooh hes had a whole 3 fights and somehow that entitles him to a shot at the belt? Pulleeeze. I hope Randy takes him out in the first 30 seconds, then justice will be served. No 3 fight fighter deserves a title shot, especially against Randy. From Fedor to Brock. Cripe im beating my head against the wall. Dana really pisses me off with this. They could have made the Randy Fedor fight happen, but no, we have to play reindeer games.
Yeah, it could be the fight of century, but I doubt it. And for those looking forward to it, Im not trying to dish you folks, but ive followed the UFC since day one, and this is really just too much. They have no structured way of setting up title matches, its pretty much how Dana feels when he wakes up on the day the matches have to be scheduled.
And yet, Ill watch it too. What else can we do?
Anyone else feel like I do? I work with a few guys that do mma and they all think its wrong. But they are going to watch it, too, and, since thats the name of the game, PPV watchers, then they have succeeded with what they wanted to do.
I bid you all a great day!

I imagine it was part of Lesner's contract. I'm not buy into the hype, but he's crazy fast for as big as he is and his conditioning for 3 rounds was good. He wasn't gassed at all from the Herring fight.

Agreed, he shouldn't have the title shot yet. I'd much rather see Fabricio Werdum get the title shot. He's earned it. Except for the KO in UFC90, of course.

Lesner is money for Zuffa. Period.

Ahoy hoy,
You know, this fight isnt right. There are so many other folks that have fought for years that have far more earned the right to take randy on then Brock. This match is a combination of Zuffa smacking Randy down for being a bad boy and suing them, and Dana trying to milk the Brock Hype. I mean really, ooh hes had a whole 3 fights and somehow that entitles him to a shot at the belt? Pulleeeze. I hope Randy takes him out in the first 30 seconds, then justice will be served. No 3 fight fighter deserves a title shot, especially against Randy. From Fedor to Brock. Cripe im beating my head against the wall. Dana really pisses me off with this. They could have made the Randy Fedor fight happen, but no, we have to play reindeer games.
Yeah, it could be the fight of century, but I doubt it. And for those looking forward to it, Im not trying to dish you folks, but ive followed the UFC since day one, and this is really just too much. They have no structured way of setting up title matches, its pretty much how Dana feels when he wakes up on the day the matches have to be scheduled.
And yet, Ill watch it too. What else can we do?
Anyone else feel like I do? I work with a few guys that do mma and they all think its wrong. But they are going to watch it, too, and, since thats the name of the game, PPV watchers, then they have succeeded with what they wanted to do.
I bid you all a great day!

Well where you have it wrong is you think this is about lesnar. It's not about lesnar, it's about couture. Randy couture comes back after one year, so who should he fight? Tim Silvia 2? Silvia doesn't have a job. Kongo? Kongo loses to often. Heath Herring? Heath just got beat by Brock. Gabreil Gonzaga? He just gave gabriel gonzaga the worst beating gabriel has ever had before leaving.....keep in mind gab had just beat the **** outta crocop Nog? Nope, Mir earned the champ fight. Mir? Nope UFC spoke before randy came back and told everyone Mir gets the title shot.

So the only possiblilities are Brock lesnar and Tim silvia......Tim isn't with the organization and he sucks anyway. I would prefer UFC to sign Arlovski and put him agains lesnar and the winner against couture but they have to act quickly with a very old man.

TIME TO FEEL THE PAIN!!! sorry, I always liked Lesner in WWF. He was actually exciting compared to the old washed up people like stone cold, big boss man, undertaker, etc. etc...

glad he's on to "real" stuff now...

I was bummed that Randy lost, and so early in the fight. I'm not a Brock hater, so I hope he continues to get better. He was just too big. He cut for 265, but probably sat at 280 fight night. I was watching the fight at hooters so I couldnt hear what Rogan and Goldie were saying about him, but I'm sure Rogan had a hard on for how big Brock was...

I was bummed that Randy lost, and so early in the fight. I'm not a Brock hater, so I hope he continues to get better. He was just too big. He cut for 265, but probably sat at 280 fight night. I was watching the fight at hooters so I couldnt hear what Rogan and Goldie were saying about him, but I'm sure Rogan had a hard on for how big Brock was...

Rogan called him a freak of nature a few times.

Couture took it fairly well. I think "that's a big SOB" came out one or twice. Called Lesnar's hands "ham hocks."

Be interesting how they take care of the interim belt issue with Noguera/Mir.

I dont follow this stuff too much, and I dont remember the guys' names, but that was not even the best fight of the night.

There was a fight a couple before the main event. Some dude got punched right in the jaw with a massive uppercut. I havent seen someone get punched in the face like that in a long time.

I dont follow this stuff too much, and I dont remember the guys' names, but that was not even the best fight of the night.

There was a fight a couple before the main event. Some dude got punched right in the jaw with a massive uppercut. I havent seen someone get punched in the face like that in a long time.

Jeremy Stephens vs. Rafael dos Anjos

That uppercut came from Stephens' toes to knock out dos Anjos.

Dude will be hurting for days!

Having the pleasure to have attended the fights I've got to say the undercard fights were quite exciting, 3 of them going to the 3rd round. Matt Brown looked great and do amazing for only two weeks notice. That Stephens uppercut was just awesome.

Fight of the night honors need to go to some chick that was thrown, yes thrown several rows by some a$$hat who then in turn got thrown across the railing by a cop. This was right after the Couture/Lesnar bout.

Hazlett/McCrory was my favorite fight of the night. Flexibility of those guys is amazing and they look so out of place in "fights". 6'4" 170lb bean pole with glasses. WTF?

I'm 6'1" 210lb and people think I look skinny. *chuckle*

Hazlett/McCrory was my favorite fight of the night. Flexibility of those guys is amazing and they look so out of place in "fights". 6'4" 170lb bean pole with glasses. WTF?

I'm 6'1" 210lb and people think I look skinny. *chuckle*

Was that the one where the dude darn near broke the other dudes arm in an arm bar? That was a pretty awesome fight too.

All in all, it was one of the best pay per views I have seen in a long time.

My $0.02.........I think Randy did this for the money. I've been a big time Randy fan and rightfully so but when I heard about this fight, it sounded like money all around. Randy, Brock, Zuffa, Dana, etc.....all had a lot of money to make off this. I think if Brock fought Randy back when he was committed to the UFC, he would have had a much harder fight. I give Brock credit though, he was a good college wrestler and that's not something to discard. And yeah, he's a big SOB!

The HW division in UFC is extremely sparse right now. I don't know what UFC's marketing strategy will be after this. The talent pool just isn't there. People are realizing that the "big" guys aren't the fights people really get entertained by. Shoot, the most entertaining bouts are the 155lbs in my opinion for multiple reasons.

I do hope that this opens the sport up to a broader audience and acceptance by the populace. I really think that will lead to better talent and better fights in the future.

Back