UFC 116: Lesnar vs Carwin, or, War of the Silverbacks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's been a ton of "upsets" in the world of MMA lately...I think the trend continues and Carwin takes it. It may look very similar to the video!

It could go either way.. There's so many unknowns. Cant wait for the fight, I have been waiting for this for a year... Anyone going out to watch it? I'm debating... I REALLY do not want to spend 60 bucks on it.. when all the other matches suck, and im only interested in the main event that will probably last only two minutes.

I like Lesner, incredible gas tank and he works really damn hard. I think he has the mental toughness and I think he takes Carwin to the ground. I know that Carwin is a really good wrestler, but he isn't Lesner. Lesner has heavy hands, but not as heavy as Carwin's. I don't see Lesner keeping this one standing-up.

I was planning on going to a Buffalo Wild Wings to watch this, but the wife wants to watch the cities fire works, and they just happen to start at the same damn time.

I was going to go to BW3s to watch it but I really want to relax at home. Plus I can check on my batch of American Light Ale that I'm readying for the 4th.

The card looks pretty decent to me; Lytle vs Brown will be a slugfest and Akiyama is fighting Leben. Not too shabby and certainly not the worst I've seen. Remember, Renzo Gracie vs Matt Hughes and Anderson Silva vs Demian Maia on the same card? I wanted to thai clinch my cable box while watching those farces.

A triangle? Jesus! wtf! I really wanted Carwin to win, I was so excited the first round, when I THOUGHT the fight should have been called (on second thought I think it was the right call to let it go) and was just speachless when LESNAR submitted Carwin.

Man that was exciting!

lol, I screamed when Carwin was on top throwing bombs, almost woke up the kids lol.

2cokd41.gif

Don't forget Chris Leben chocking Yoshihiro Akiyama out. I thought it was going the other way as well. All of the bouts were pretty dang good this go round!

Psycho, reminds me of the Rocky movies. he doesn't start fighting until he sees stars! I couldn't believe that he was not only standing but fighting his @ss off!:rockin:

I'll be home in a day or two, leaving work for the 4th and won't be going home tonight. First thing I do is watch ALL those over again!

Yeah, it was a great card. Some people didn't expect much but just from watching some of the Spike UFNs vs the stacked UFC ppvs I've come to expect more fireworks from the free shows; fighters just seem more desperate to make a good impression.

Psycho, reminds me of the Rocky movies. he doesn't start fighting until he sees stars! I couldn't believe that he was not only standing but fighting his @ss off!:rockin:

I'm glad Bonner won; that might have been it for him otherwise. I like Sosynski too but he can afford one decent loss and still have a job.

It could go either way.. There's so many unknowns. Cant wait for the fight, I have been waiting for this for a year... Anyone going out to watch it? I'm debating... I REALLY do not want to spend 60 bucks on it.. when all the other matches suck, and im only interested in the main event that will probably last only two minutes.

It was worth the $60.

Damn that was a great card.

Yeah mine was 44.99 plus tax. I think it ends up being like 50-55 bones. I was running with his number.

44.99 or 60 - It was worth it.

55 here in Texas, High Def. 45 for regular, I like to record them and break pretty much even after everyone chips in so we do the HD,:)

Back