Hello from Raleigh, NC, USA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j2brew

Reaction score
Got a Mr. Beer for my birthday 3 months ago, got a starter 5 gallon kit 2 months ago, added an immersion chiller and other fun stuff 1 month ago, have run 3 or 4 batches through each setup, and am currently building a shed in my backyard to house a refrigerator for use as a fermenter (no garage or basement). My wife is thrilled :D

I found this forum pretty early on, and it has been invaluable. I'm trying to make lots of use of the search function so as not to ask too many stupid questions, but I already owe indirect thanks to Revvy and Yooperbrew, among others, for all of your excellent posts.

I'm still doing extract kits from LHBS and Midwest, but hope to move on to more creative brewing in the fall. Looking forward to working with you all!

JJ

Hello, welcome. I am in the pinehurst/So. Pines area. Have you been to American Brewmaster off Capital? Mark is a great guy, and the staff is helpful. American Brewmaster. (Shameless plug for LHBS)

Sounds like you are jumping in with both feet. Luck.

Hello and welcome to the forum....I hope to have a brew shed someday...maybe when the kids are gone.

Thanks everybody. I do hope to meet up wit some NC brewers eventually, but I'd like to learn a little more before "going public".

@Sean -- American Brewmaster has already been great to me, I picked up a good bit of equipment there, a couple kits, and will be back next week to get ingredients for my first non-kit brew. They've been very helpful.

@Boston -- Well, it's more like a brew shack, or lean-to... but I think it'll do the trick :D Ha, I'm trying to get mine in before the kids come.

Time to bottle an oatmeal stout!

I thoroughly enjoy how the NC brewers come out in full force to welcome another to the obsession. Welcome!!!

Hey, you all are great! Thanks for the welcome. I would love to get together at some point. Not sure if there are existing brewing groups in the area?

Welcome from the big city of Roxboro (north of Durham). I'll wave the next time I fly into RDU.

Don't knock the Mr. Beer system. It works quite well. I've got 4 Mr. B fermentors and two will fit into my brewing fridge with a 6 gal bucket fermentor. I don't have enough room for another bigger fermentor and the Mr. B kegs fit nicely in unused space.

warm (and humid) welcomes from durham. maybe i could get away from swimbo for a sat or sun sometime..... bueller?

Back