Several Labels - Pics (not dialup friendly)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaredriesel

Reaction score
Hey there,

So I've had some time to waste this week and my LHBS is only open a few days, so I have planned my next few brews and made some labels for them... basically modified versions of my first label. Below are all of them so far. Obviously ABV and tasting descriptions will be changed (as well as little font alterations and whatnot that people mentioned in my previous post). Just havin fun with it...that's all :ban:

(MORE IN THE FIRST REPLY)

instrumentalIPA-label-sides%20copy.jpg

caramelcream%20copy.jpg

roisindubh-sides%20copy.jpg

I'd like to see a pic of those on the bottle. I think simple lables show much better on the bottle.

Nice work! I especially like the descriptions

Yeah I'm going to pick up some label paper soon. I agree with the simple labels. I feel like I'm going to have a seizure when I look at Flying Dog labels, for example

Sweet labels. Thats my next thing to figure out. I'm not too quick with photoshop....mine must be written in Japanese or something! :drunk:

I hear ya on HDYB. I wish it was open more myself. I'm gonna stop by sometime tomorrow for some more ingredients and another carboy. Joe mentioned last time that they are looking around for a new location. He's tired of having to carry all of that stuff up that ramp out front.

olllllo said:
Total rip off of Hunter S. Thompson.
Beer and Loathing

It's actually not a rip-off. That art from Fear and Loating is the work of Ralph Steadman.

Hunter was friends with the owner of Flying Dog, and was also friends with Ralph. Hunter hooked FLying Dog up with Ralph for their labels.

-walker

Walker-san said:
It's actually not a rip-off. That art from Fear and Loating is the work of Ralph Steadman.

Hunter was friends with the owner of Flying Dog, and was also friends with Ralph. Hunter hooked FLying Dog up with Ralph for their labels.

-walker

Well then it worked.:D

Well, I do play guitar but only for fun. I'm just a big fan of music, and figured it would be an appropriate theme to incorporate into my labels. Thanks for the kind words!

P.S. Just brewed my Red ale! :ban:

harley03 said:
Great labels and an awesome theme. I like it when somebody has consistency.
Or as Frank Zappa would put it; Conceptual continuity.
And yeah, really nice labels! And BTW, I pick some too. :mug:

Will you share your red ale recipe? I love red ales and am looking for a lower gravity brew. All my brews so far are > 6% and I would rather enjoy a few brews without the fear of stair climbing afterwards.

Thanks.

knipknup said:
Will you share your red ale recipe? I love red ales and am looking for a lower gravity brew. All my brews so far are > 6% and I would rather enjoy a few brews without the fear of stair climbing afterwards.

Thanks.

Due to lack of time, I used a kit again for this one. Here's what the recipe is. Should put you somewhere between 3.4 and 3.6 ABV.

3.3lbs Plain Light LME
2lbs Plain Light DME
12oz Crystal 60L
1oz Black Patent
1oz Willamette (bittering)
1oz Willamette (finishing)
1 Packet Standard dry brewer's yeast

Steep Crystal and Black Patent 20mins.
Boil 60mins.
1oz Willamette for the full 60mins, second 1oz for 5mins.

:mug:

Back